The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-05-2020, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Default Fishman Loudbox Artist vs Solo SL220

Looking for a used Loudbox Artist and stumbled across a used SL220 Solo. I'm generally used to electric guitar amps, so the line array setup is new to me. Wondering if the Solo would have sufficient bass response, given its line array of small speakers versus the larger speaker in the Artist?
2010 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster
1974 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass
Old 07-05-2020, 01:30 PM

You'll probably get tons of different opinions on this question as I've seen it debated here a lot. I've never owned a 220 but played many times through one (as well as the artist)...so my 2 cents is... I believe the 330 unit is the ultimate all-in-one so many are looking for (the 220 is a close second) as far as light, easy set up and great sound...no, i do not believe you need the sub with just acoustic...unless you do a lot of percussion on your guitar. That said, I'd buy the artist if you are just playing guitar at the gig or practicing at home. I'd pick up the 220 if you'll be singing through it too. People may debate me on this but the line array will have better dispersion and cut through the crowd/chatter better than the artist at any gig more crowded than a coffee shop. At home....the artist has great acoustic tone..very fun to jam through.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:24 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by personatech View Post
Looking for a used Loudbox Artist and stumbled across a used SL220 Solo. I'm generally used to electric guitar amps, so the line array setup is new to me. Wondering if the Solo would have sufficient bass response, given its line array of small speakers versus the larger speaker in the Artist?
I own a Loudbox Performer and an SA-220.

What would you like to know, or is it only the amount of bass response?

The SA-220 lacks nothing in the sound department, and I'm pretty sure it's an earlier version of what you're looking at.

I use mine with a high quality preamp so that I can control everything without being close to the column.

HE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification