The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
... The outer box was heavily damaged, including two large punctures on each side of the box. The UPS driver tried to "dump and run" this guitar on my front patio (signature required? guess not!). I took photos of the box... Fragile - handle with care:
I rebuild my boxes. Foam cradles in the bottom, reinforced full length corners for rigidity, and armored layers of cardboard all around for puncture-proofing. It takes a lot of liquor case cardboard, and a bottle of Gorilla Glue. Some of the armor is slipped in after the case is inserted, to completely fill the space around the case. Air space around the neck is filled with many gallon zip locks filled with peanuts. The top the case is cradled like the bottom. Sold four guitars this year that arrived with no complaints. This is the case for a D-35.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 box 1.jpg (37.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 4 box 4.jpg (29.7 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by vintage40s; 08-03-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Thanks, Scola! I think the bass response between the standard and TC would be in the same ballpark. Or did you mean between a dread and OM body size?

I appreciate the kind words about my reviews. I've learned so much on these forums (AGF, EGF, etc.), but getting good info about Eastman can be challenging, either due to lack of in-store availability or mis-information about the guitars, how they're made, etc. So, I just try to share my direct experience or what I learn by directly contacting Eastman. Glad it helps!
Oh yes, I meant between Dread and OM size. Thanks!
Regarding TC vs non-TC, I'd love to know more how they compare too but have yet to come across the TC versions in the wild. Like you, I found the non TC version was what was available to me at the time and it was already impressive on it's own so I went with it.
Sure am intrigued by them, though.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Based on what I've read from others (and heard online), the TC models sound a little more mature with a slightly sweeter tone and more rounded notes. But my E10OM sounds good now, and it will continue to evolve over time, closing the gap with those TC models.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Dropped the guitar off with my luthier on Tuesday. As suspected, it would benefit from a setup (slight neck adjustment, lower nut and saddle). He has shop hours today (but not again until next week), so I’m hoping that it may be ready for pickup today or tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

Update: As expected, the setup made a HUGE difference in playability and comfort. Nice, low action, straight neck... still plenty of saddle left. I've been playing this guitar a lot. Super comfortable now, and for a new Adi top, it has a surprisingly warm tone already. The GHS Vintage Bronze strings help!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion