The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-23-2013, 08:11 AM

Default Fender "American Special Stat"

Any thoughts on the American Special Stat?? USA made that`s good affordable that`s good,colors 3 only.What do you folks think for the money???
Old 12-23-2013, 10:46 AM

Just looked up the specs. It has a couple of Texas Special pickups and an Atomic HB bridge pickup. I like the Texas Specials but I have no experience with the Atomic pickups.

It looks like a nice guitar. Does anyone know if the bridge/tremolo unit is the same as the American Standard Strat? That can make a difference on tone.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:00 PM

I purchased one about a month ago. I am pleased with the sound and the action is nice and fast. The build quality is OK, I can not find any flaws. The humbucker sound is different than a normal SSS strat.
Epiphone PR-350SO
Yamaha FG-502
Martin Backpacker
Old 12-25-2013, 10:37 PM

I can't speak specifically for the American Special Strat, but I do own an American Special Tele that I've had for about 6 months. Solid quality, Texas Special pups get everything from a classic twang to a fat growl, good fit & finish. A very nice, no-frills, straight-ahead Tele. IMHO, a lot of guitar for the money. I would expect the Strat to be equally good.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars