The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 05-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Default Martin resonator

I stumbled on something quite odd and wanted to ask about it on here. A local shop had a used Martin Alternative II Resonator, which I had never even heard of before now, and it is in decent condition. After doing some research, it seems to be a special edition one with the HPL woods. I actually really like how it looks, and it isn't a bad sounding guitar (unplugged - never tried plugged in). It fits my whole bluesy persona well, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with this model or had input about it. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2011, 10:29 AM

Here is a link to the specs for the Martin Alternative II Resonator.
http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/...0Resonator&p=i

I have had limited experience with this and other Alternative models. Nice for what they are. I prefer a wider neck and shorter scale length in resonator guitars, so this model did not appeal to me. YMMV.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:24 AM

I am a fan of a wider neck as well, but it wasn't too difficult to play even with its standard neck. Single note rifts sounded great, as did some minor slide things I tried, but chords did sound... well, metal-ly. Anyone have one that they have had more experience with? Anyone try it plugged in?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments