The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-17-2022, 12:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Looks fantastic!

Vasu,

I met you at BIG and it was great to see this guitar there and hear about your finishing process. The guitar turned out beautifully and I imagine that thin finish really lets the guitar sing! I'm looking forward to doing a student build with Steve and Ryan in the future and I have enjoyed seeing photos of your build process on this 12 string.

Jim
Old 10-17-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlhunt View Post
Vasu,

I met you at BIG and it was great to see this guitar there and hear about your finishing process. The guitar turned out beautifully and I imagine that thin finish really lets the guitar sing! I'm looking forward to doing a student build with Steve and Ryan in the future and I have enjoyed seeing photos of your build process on this 12 string.

Jim
Thank you Jim! It was a pleasure meeting you at BIG and seeing pictures of your own builds. I like the liberon oil finish but the high gloss you achieve with royal lac is truly impressive!
Old 10-17-2022, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Vasu, each of your student builds has turned out beautifully and no doubt inspired a few others to sign up with Steve and Ryan. Love the look of the finish you did on this 12 string. Please bring it over for a show and tell session when time permits I would love to see, hear and play this beauty in person.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the trifecta, Vasu!

The guitar looks awesome and have no doubt that it sounds stellar as well!

So what's on tap for #4?!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 10-18-2022, 05:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

Looks really super, Vasu! It was great to see you at BIG. Have fun with it; I imagine It will take you in some fun, new sonic directions! Dave
Old 10-18-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
Vasu, each of your student builds has turned out beautifully and no doubt inspired a few others to sign up with Steve and Ryan. Love the look of the finish you did on this 12 string. Please bring it over for a show and tell session when time permits I would love to see, hear and play this beauty in person.
Thank you Doug! I will definitely be paying you a visit for you to put it through its paces .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Congrats on the trifecta, Vasu!

The guitar looks awesome and have no doubt that it sounds stellar as well!

So what's on tap for #4?!
Many thanks, Kevin! I'm truly pleased with the guitar. As for #4, no ideas yet. Should we setup a poll?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpinteria View Post
Looks really super, Vasu! It was great to see you at BIG. Have fun with it; I imagine It will take you in some fun, new sonic directions! Dave
Thank you Dave! It was so great to see you again at BIG and you're right, the guitar is already giving new ideas and taking me in different directions. I would never want a 12 string as my only guitar but it's great to have it in the collection!
Old 10-22-2022, 05:31 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Gorgeous Vasu! You have done it again. Maybe get a chance to see this at BIG next year? Hope so. Congrats!
Old 10-22-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Gorgeous Vasu! You have done it again. Maybe get a chance to see this at BIG next year? Hope so. Congrats!

Thanks Dennis! I will definitely bring this to BIG next for you to give it a test drive

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop