The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-21-2022, 04:06 AM

The most guitars I ever owned at any one time was probably two or maybe three full sized guitars, and that was already more guitars than I needed in any one location. I am trying to keep it to just one guitar in any one place especially with a budget that is more limited nowadays, because apart from financial considerations, GAS can become an issue in itself where it is the hunt for the elusive grail guitar itself that is where the fun and thrill comes from, and tbat can detract from buying a guitar in order to play music thta should always be the first objective. Once one gets the desired guitar, then if ones attention moves to the next object of acoustic perfection. If that is the condition, then no number of guitars will slake the restless search for the next one. Some try to mitigate this by having a strict one in and one out rule while lthers have no issue with hoarding...
Old 10-25-2022, 10:35 AM

I have 3 guitars on stands in my studio all the time (electric, acoustic and bass). I swap them out for others every week or two. When I play one after it was in storage, and I don't remember why I loved this instrument, then it goes in my cur to sell it As I moved up the quality/playability range over the years my guitars have changed because the prior models just did not stand up to the new ones. That began to change a few years ago when all of my instruments were off high quality.

So this exercise keeps my gas in check (somewhat) as now I must dispose of an instrument to get a new one. In other words what I get must be better than something I already have. Most of the time when I pull one out of storage it wows me all over again - so no new instrument. I have downsized somewhat over the years, so my collection, relatively, is small today.
Old 10-25-2022, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

If you hang around people who love to do drugs, you will eventually become a drug user.

This forum promotes GAS…[emoji12]
Old 10-29-2022, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Smile Sobriety….

As for the gas addiction….

Sobriety is for folks who can’t handle drugs! Hahahahaha

Yes, we are enablers around here, but whadda ya expect???

Play on gang and Happy Saturday to all

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop