The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-05-2022, 11:23 AM

Default Anyone tried the new Donner carbon fiber guitar sold by Amazon?

It is called Donner Rising Pro, and it c osts less than $500...I wonder if some members of this forum purchased one and can comment on it?
Old 10-05-2022, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

No ratings or comments on Amazon, yet.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:01 PM

Looks interesting.

https://www.donnermusic.com/products/risingg
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 10-05-2022, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Interesting. It bucks the trend in low-price CF/Composite guitars by being purely acoustic.

I can’t find any specs beyond the materials, and that it’s 38” long, which doesn’t mean a lot.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-05-2022, 01:18 PM

Yes, I couln't find any info on the scale length, and on the width at the nut...
Old 10-05-2022, 02:27 PM

Historically, Donner has made copies of existing guitar pedals and other things. I'd be surprised if this wasn't made by someone else and has the Donner name on it. But I'm going to subscribe to this thread and see if anyone gives it a shot.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Interesting. It bucks the trend in low-price CF/Composite guitars by being purely acoustic.

I can’t find any specs beyond the materials, and that it’s 38” long, which doesn’t mean a lot.
It may use Woven Carbon Fiber (T700) on the front but definitely not for the back, sides or neck. It is some kind of pressure molded process which ‘could’ have some carbon fibers in it, but typically less than 35%.

Someone needs to buy one and cut it up!

Ian
Old 10-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Charter Member

I’m puzzled by the DO Bucket. Or is it a DO Barrel?

Exclusive DO Bucket Ensures the Coexistence
of Resonance and Timbre Layers

Carbon fiber material is born with a low frequency weakness. To compensate for material shortcomings, the Donner industrial
design team created an exclusive Donner DO barrel body to ensure the quality and structure of the guitar tone. The RISING-G PRO
has a strong reverb resonance in addition to the light body, making the tonal qualities rich and full.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-05-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redduc View Post
It may use Woven Carbon Fiber (T700) on the front but definitely not for the back, sides or neck. It is some kind of pressure molded process which ‘could’ have some carbon fibers in it, but typically less than 35%.

Someone needs to buy one and cut it up!

Ian
There's a video from NAMM where they talk about this a little. They may have touched on it in one of their own videos as well.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:16 PM

A first review just pop up today on Amazon.
Here it is: "Donner Carbon Fiber Acoustic Guitar, I've never had one like this. It is amazing and different. Resistant to changes of shape from humidity, carbon fiber is very durable to help this guitar if need be to travel with it. The weight is less than that of an actual acoustic guitar.
The first I heard of this guitar was at the 2022 National Association of Music Merchants, I believe it made its' debut there. The carbon fiber are supposedly as close to acoustic wood as possible to match what an acoustic is. You can check out their info for more details there.
It is beautifully crafted and quality. Highly recommended."
If it has a 1 3/4 neck I would be tempted... also considering that Amazon has free returns, no questions asked.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
A first review just pop up today on Amazon.

Here it is: "Donner Carbon Fiber Acoustic Guitar, I've never had one like this. It is amazing and different. Resistant to changes of shape from humidity, carbon fiber is very durable to help this guitar if need be to travel with it. The weight is less than that of an actual acoustic guitar.

The first I heard of this guitar was at the 2022 National Association of Music Merchants, I believe it made its' debut there. The carbon fiber are supposedly as close to acoustic wood as possible to match what an acoustic is. You can check out their info for more details there.

It is beautifully crafted and quality. Highly recommended."

If it has a 1 3/4 neck I would be tempted... also considering that Amazon has free returns, no questions asked.
A quick look at the reviewers other reviews not to mention the wording of that review lead me to believe it is not exactly a paying customer review.

On the other hand it looks potentially interesting. I just wish more composite makers would embrace beveled and rounded edges.

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using Acoustic Guitar Forum mobile app
Old 10-06-2022, 08:36 AM

The reviews on Amazon are now four, and one is very negative because the person who wrote it says that (incredibly enough) the saddle is MOLDED to the bridge ?! According to the review, the guitar came with a very high strings action, and it looks like the action cannot be adjusted because the saddle cannot be removed to lower its height... it looks crazy to me, how is it possible to even think to mold a saddle to the bridge? I hope that the reviewer is wrong...
Old 10-06-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
The reviews on Amazon are now four, and one is very negative because the person who wrote it says that (incredibly enough) the saddle is MOLDED to the bridge ?! According to the review, the guitar came with a very high strings action, and it looks like the action cannot be adjusted because the saddle cannot be removed to lower its height... it looks crazy to me, how is it possible to even think to mold a saddle to the bridge? I hope that the reviewer is wrong...
It seems they are taking the "one piece construction" concept a bit too far.

I have seen similar constructions in carbon fiber guitars. The outdoor guitar for example has individual saddles molded to the bridge: https://www.outdoorukulele.com/colle...-carbon-nickel

And I don't think this promo image is going to attract any serious players...

Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089

Last edited by mountainmaster; 10-06-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 03:56 PM

LOLOL!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
It seems they are taking the "one piece construction" concept a bit too far.

I have seen similar constructions in carbon fiber guitars. The outdoor guitar for example has individual saddles molded to the bridge: https://www.outdoorukulele.com/colle...-carbon-nickel

And I don't think this promo image is going to attract any serious players...

Old 10-06-2022, 04:04 PM

The Hendrix model? Oh, it’s not? Someone might want to tell that model.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber