The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-29-2019, 11:15 AM

I just spent $1000 at my local music store. Very happy with my purchase.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:57 AM

Sometimes we might see a winner at a local store. Common sense would tell me to check pricing on the same model elsewhere, and return to negotiate. I'm always willing to pay a bit more locally, especially when acoustic guitars can feel, and sound so different between the same models. A fine sounding bird in the hand...
Old 04-29-2019, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

I have 4 guitars. Two bought online. One from Sweetwater and one from one of our forum sponsors. They both sound great. Of the two brick and mortar purchases, one was from Sam Ash. In that particular case, I got a limited edition model Taylor which I would never have considered had I not played it in person. The other I bought from an independent store. I probably would not buy from Sweetwater again, since their discount really isn't all that great, and they tend to be fairly aggressive with post-sales marketing and phone calls from my sales rep. With part of the money I saved buying from a forum sponsor, I had them upgrade the case and install a pickup. Probably would not have done that had I purchased locally. There is value in having options. In most cases, my local shops don't stock the models I'd really be interested in.
2017 Eastman E10 OM

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion