The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 PM

In addition to the good advice already given, (+1 on the Pentz site) I would add that the worst of dust collection is controlling the small stuff at the source. Standard bags don't catch it; it floats in the air and it's near impossible to see. It sticks in your lungs and doesn't get flushed out like some of the larger particles do. This is in the range of .5 microns; many bags only catch down to 30 microns. Cyclones alone don't help with the small particles, though they are good at keeping your filters cleaner. Wynn Environmental is a good source for improved filters.

Pat
Old 04-06-2016, 07:58 AM

After breaking out in a rash last year, I've made more effort on my dust collection.

I have a Wen overhead filter, an Oneida cyclone on my shop vac (priceless), and now I always wear a respirator instead of a dust mask. The respirator is much more comfortable for longer time as well.

I currently move my shop vac to each tool, and make extra efforts to keep the dust down. I've become somewhat anal since 'the rash of 2014'.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair