The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

I have a lot of peanuts from ten years of receiving motorcycle restoration parts. I use them in my Reverb sales to locate the upper end of the case in the box. I use 2-gallon locking plastic food storage bags filled with peanuts to make pillows. Three or four such pillows on each side of the case's neck fill up the two large air spaces very well.

I also armor the case with more cardboard cut from unfolded liquor boxes. Down the four lengthwise corners, 3x3 angles of cardboard glued with Gorilla glue to make the box a strong rectangle. On all four sides, a layer of cardboard glued for armor. Across the bottom, 2 inches of dense foam cut to cradle the end of the case. Across the top, the same. And before sealing the box, all four sides armored with more cardboard, slipped down from the top, loose, until there is no free space around the case.

The box is drop proof and puncture proof.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion