The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 AM

Default Zoom Q3HD and You Tube (Help)

I have been trying to post on my You Tube channel directly from my Q3HD with poor audio results. <see here>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA7PeH3i5BI
I cannot make it synch up with the video but, as I see it on my computer, before sending to You Tube all is fine. I had one recommendation to change the audio to MP3, 44.1, 16 bit but that did not help.
Anyone want to help an old guy out???

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends."

2012 Rainsong CO-WS1000N2
2023 Gibson J-45
2022 Stew Mac Acoustic Kit Guitar
2021 Stew Mac Acoustic Guitar Kit
Old 01-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGuy View Post

I have been trying to post on my You Tube channel directly from my Q3HD with poor audio results. <see here>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA7PeH3i5BI
I cannot make it synch up with the video but, as I see it on my computer, before sending to You Tube all is fine. I had one recommendation to change the audio to MP3, 44.1, 16 bit but that did not help.
Anyone want to help an old guy out???
Can you provide more information about your formats and workflow? I notice that the max resolution is 720, so I assume you're recording with one of the 720p settings. Are you using the included software? Editing on the PC? Uploading using your browser or the includeded software?

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog
Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Fran, Settings are as follows:

HD720/60(fps) although I tried it in HD1080/30 also with similar results.

Sound is PCM / 44.1kHz / 16 bit.

I used their Handyshare software to edit (cut off dead space in front of and after the performance). I uploaded once with the Handyshare upload tool and the one that is currently there I uploaded using the You Tube upload tool.

The actual result (as seen on my computer are very good), something happens in translation at You Tube.

2023 Gibson J-45
Old 01-03-2011, 08:59 AM

GibsonGuy - first off, nice playing on that video!

I had synching problems when doing anything with the Handyshare software - even just doing the clipping at the beginning and end. So even though it may seem like youtube is the problem, it might be getting thrown off in Handyshare.

Do you still have the video saved on your recorder? You could try doing the editing on the Q3HD (there is an onboard feature that allows you to clip the beginning and end), and then copy the resulting file to your computer using windows (i.e. bypass Handyshare altogether). Then upload that file to youtube - if it's synched, then I would say that you have the same issue with Handyshare as I do.

Last edited by St.Stephen; 01-03-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM

St.Stephen, thanks for the kind words, I will give it a shot today and see what it brings me. Thanks you again for the help.

2023 Gibson J-45
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Default audio quality of Zoom H4n vs Zoom Q3HD

opps, wrong post

Last edited by t1m; 01-03-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: wrong post sorry
Old 01-03-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Stephen View Post
GibsonGuy - first off, nice playing on that video!

I had synching problems when doing anything with the Handyshare software - even just doing the clipping at the beginning and end. So even though it may seem like youtube is the problem, it might be getting thrown off in Handyshare.

Do you still have the video saved on your recorder? You could try doing the editing on the Q3HD (there is an onboard feature that allows you to clip the beginning and end), and then copy the resulting file to your computer using windows (i.e. bypass Handyshare altogether). Then upload that file to youtube - if it's synched, then I would say that you have the same issue with Handyshare as I do.
This was going to be my advice as well. As a general rule I never use the supplied editing, transfer, or upload tools, in fact I try to avoid loading the supplied software on my computer.

I did use the Q3HD internal software to head and tail a video and it worked well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkLmTYSBLzo But I did all the transfer using standard PC and YouTube tools.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog
Old 01-04-2011, 06:47 AM

Fran, thank you. I did a recording last night and will "head and tail" it as you suggested and see what happens. Again, thanks for taking the time! Much appreciated!

2023 Gibson J-45
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Default HandShare Software Update...........................

When uploading a vid from my Q3 HD to my computer the handyshare software told me there is an update for the software (to fix the video/audio sync problem.) I havent tried it yet (I just close the handyshare as soon as it opens) but it'd be nice to see if it actually works. All I want it to do is to "head and tail" it as Fran said. It can be a pain to do on the camera as I have been doing.
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"
Old 04-15-2011, 04:27 PM

720p runs at 24fps when editing. Thats what I use in my with my editor. HDV format when importing
Old 04-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Humanist

I had a syncing problem that appeared to be related to the Handyshare software, as well.
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 04-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Default HandyShare Software Update Resolves Sync Issue!

Well, I uploaded an edited out take from the updated HandyShare software and the sync issue seems to be resolved. I only edited for length (trimmed beginning and end of video) saved it to my desktop and uploaded to YouTube from there. It is on my YouTube page titled "Sync Test."

So if you update to the new HandyShare software (2.4.1.0) on your computer, no more sync issues.
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD