The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-26-2010, 11:48 PM

Well done! That's about the best quality I've seen on YouTube. Now you've got me wanting one too.

Will
Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 AM

Thanks Seamus and Will!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to bring the levels up? The handyshare would've done it, but as noted, it throws the sync off. I tried just putting it through Windows Movie Maker, but the audio volume looks like it's already set on max. Help?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 AM

Nice playing and the quality is as I was hoping it would be. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Stephen View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to bring the levels up? The handyshare would've done it, but as noted, it throws the sync off. I tried just putting it through Windows Movie Maker, but the audio volume looks like it's already set on max. Help?
You can adjust volume in many ways. If you don't mind re-encoding your video you can do it in REAPER.

If you'd like to preserve the original video, which presumably gives the best quality possible, you can extract the audio using Avidemux, adjust the audio, then recombine them in Avidemux. Or do the same thing using FFMPEG.

I have some tutorials about using REAPER and Avidemux for video tweaking on the Homebrewed Music blog.

I've done a few test shots with my Q3HD, I hope to have a blog post up today or tomorrow. I'm quite impressed with the video and audio quality.

As much as I was excited about the Line In audio input, and I still love the quality using that approach, I'm wondering if a version with a mic pre for external mics might not be more useful. I'm already shopping for a battery powered two channel preamp with P48, but my initial search is finding stuff that costs almost as much as the Q3HD.

Aren't consumers a whiny demanding bunch? <grin>

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog
Old 11-27-2010, 01:57 PM

Gear begets gear.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:40 PM

Tom - thanks. I checked out your videos - man, that's some nice playing and you get a big tone out of a smaller guitar.

Fran - thanks for the help. I'm completely new to this, so I'll check out your blog and do some experimenting. I'm looking forward to hearing your review. I love your stuff.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Thanks St. Stephen. If you haven't already, check out Fran's videos.This one is my favorite from a "cinematic" standpoint (not done with the Q3HD though). Oh yeah and the guitar playing ain't too shabby too. Fran has missed his calling as a roadie. The guy can MOVE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/franguid...26/M2454QrLbuU
Old 11-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsino View Post
Thanks St. Stephen. If you haven't already, check out Fran's videos.This one is my favorite from a "cinematic" standpoint (not done with the Q3HD though). Oh yeah and the guitar playing ain't too shabby too. Fran has missed his calling as a roadie. The guy can MOVE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/franguid...26/M2454QrLbuU
Eeehhhh, that video is a couple of years old. I can't get that Charlie Chaplin rhythm going anymore <grin>.

Thanks to this thread I got my order in and received my Q3HD the day after TG. I posted links to various review and sample stuff in a new thread: http://69.41.173.82/forums/showthread.php?p=2423929

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD