The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-19-2021, 09:29 AM

Default Sharing on youtube for posting here advice

Hi all,
Being fairly new to the forum and by way of introduction as well as taking a more active role here, I'd like to share some of my playing and songs for people to hear etc.
To that end i'd like to upload to you tube. For people who do the same is there a particular android app you use and/or recommend for creating 'video' files from audio files which can be uploaded?
All of my audio recording is via a 4-track app (JT4) on my samsung galaxy tab A using the tablet's mic. Ultimately I'd like to use different/better equpiment but for now it's all about recording on and then uploading directly from the tablet. Any advice would be much appreciated.
All the best,
Alex
Old 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM

Not quite sure I understand but I'd like to help. You record on your app, but wish to upload that to YouTube?

I'm not entirely sure whether YouTube accepts straightforward audio files, however, even in the absence of a video you could simply put the audio over a static image in a video editor and then output that as an MP4 and upload that.

Alternatively, you could just upload your audio file to SoundCloud and link to that in the forum. I've seen other users do that.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

I did a quick search on how to establish a YouTube channel and have linked the results here.

I have a YouTube channel, which is linked below on my post. As Gtrfinger notes, however, YouTube is set up for video. You can use a video editing program and make a video using one of your audio files and some video or photo images that you may have. Or, as Gtrfinger notes, you can set up a SoundCloud channel and upload your video there. Many people use SoundCloud here.

I don't know if SoundCloud will accept a JT4 file. I am not familiar with that format. You might check your recording software to see if it will make you a simple .wave file (16 bit, 44.1 khz). I have found that's best to upload to SoundCloud. Uploading an mp3 to SoundCloud seems to result in much poorer sound quality, probably because their software converts it a 2nd time.

Best of luck and welcome to the AGF!

- Glenn
Old 10-19-2021, 03:33 PM

Cheers both, much appreciated. Yes, I'm looking for any tried and trusted video editing app suggestions to make an mp4 into a video format with some stll pics as background.
J4T is just a four track app i use to record songs on but it generates mp4s. (The last time i was doing this kind of thing it was with a tape four track which was a bit easier to get my head around&#129327
I'll also have a look into Soundcloud. Thanks again
Old 10-19-2021, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

Get a youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0eM1_JVqHE

Personally:

I create a "video" using "Windows Movie Maker" because it's simple and quick (yet enough for my purposes).
For that program I link some fairly high resolution picture and have it run the duration of the audio recording.
Then I upload the resulting mp4 file to youtube (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbeMtu1dfkY
Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 10-20-2021, 11:23 AM

Thanks again, I think the android device I'm using isn't quite upto the job of running a video editor and my brain is on a bit of a go slow too!
This is going to have to wait until I'm back in front of a laptop/pc. I know i can upload a direct video of my playing warts and all so I'll do that for now. Cheers, A

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD