The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-26-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreener View Post
Oh my! Do you mind if I ask where you got this Black Friday deal? That's an amazing price for a recently released piece of gear, one that I thought next to impossible. Perhaps a Cyber Monday deal could be had for similar pricing. Thanks in advance.
My local Sam Ash. Last one they had. I asked online and they told me they couldnít do the discount but the guy in the store did 100 dollars off. The sale ends the 29th. I legit just told them Iíd buy it if they could discount it. Amazing deal
Old 11-26-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
My local Sam Ash. Last one they had. I asked online and they told me they couldnít do the discount but the guy in the store did 100 dollars off. The sale ends the 29th. I legit just told them Iíd buy it if they could discount it. Amazing deal
Hey thanks, I guess I'll give my local Sam Ash a call to see if I can score the same deal. Much appreciated!
Old 11-28-2022, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thank you as well! I went to my local Sam Ash and they gave me the same $100 off deal!
Old 11-28-2022, 05:44 PM

So I got the verse and unfortunately I had to move so my guitar is in storage. Ran into a little issue I never thought about. I use a special microphone that holds a harmonica so I can play it in a rack and sing into it. Hi z. Sounds good in the second input but the first input is a bit hissy. As I havenít gotten to try my guitar through it Iím worried the guitar will be very noisy through the first input. Has anyone tried their guitar through both inputs? I may have to get a di or something. It seems like most of these pas only have one hi z input regardless, although i canít even figure out if the bose has one.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:44 AM

My Bose units are absolutely dead silent in both channels.

I forgot they were on many times when I first bought them.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
So I got the verse and unfortunately I had to move so my guitar is in storage. Ran into a little issue I never thought about. I use a special microphone that holds a harmonica so I can play it in a rack and sing into it. Hi z. Sounds good in the second input but the first input is a bit hissy. As I havenít gotten to try my guitar through it Iím worried the guitar will be very noisy through the first input. Has anyone tried their guitar through both inputs? I may have to get a di or something. It seems like most of these pas only have one hi z input regardless, although i canít even figure out if the bose has one.
I will let you know soon. Channel 1 is obviously meant for vocals, since it's switchable for phantom power and Channel 2 is meant for guitar with the Hi-Z. But what if you have a guitar with an active pickup that doesn't need Hi-Z? I thought Hi-Z was only for passive or low output pickups?
Old 11-29-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
My Bose units are absolutely dead silent in both channels.

I forgot they were on many times when I first bought them.
Maybe itís just me then and Iím doing something wrong! I do wish Boseís literature was more clear as I cannot figure out anywhere if their inputs accept high impedance or not. An unbalanced line is accepted but thatís not necessarily high impedance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
I will let you know soon. Channel 1 is obviously meant for vocals, since it's switchable for phantom power and Channel 2 is meant for guitar with the Hi-Z. But what if you have a guitar with an active pickup that doesn't need Hi-Z? I thought Hi-Z was only for passive or low output pickups?
Iím doing something slightly unusual, in that I usual play a guitar through a small tweed amp with a special rack harmonica mic through the same tweed amp. Iíve been wanting to be able to do this without the issue of power for awhile. Any active guitar Iíve ever seen would be pretty terrible for such an application. So at this point I need to see if itís the set up, me, or if another rig could more appropriately do this 🤔

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification