The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-07-2006, 10:32 PM

Default CA Composite Acoustics X model

Today I just picked up the above model that I got from ebay. I admired some of the other CA models at Gruhn Guitars about 3 years ago but I never played the X. It just so fasinated me the when I saw it at such a great deal on ebay, I bit. Brought it home and plug it into my amp and I am just blown away by this guitar. The Bagg I-MIX is awesome especially the I Beam, so natural. The sound is so clean on this guitar, acoustically and electrically that it is in a class all by itself.
Steve Kitchen
Old 10-07-2006, 10:35 PM

Any chance we could hear this puppy ?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:29 PM

Interesting there are no comments. Are these guitars not that well know or is a composite acoustic guitar not appreciated by the woodys?
Steve
Old 10-11-2006, 08:07 AM

Congrats on the guitar! I've been absolutely facinated by the x-standard ever since it came out.

I don't think CA guitars are that well known. That and there's not many places that you can actually try one out before you buy contributes to the fact that there aren't many comments about their guitars.

Please post some sound samples so we can hear what it sounds like!
Post pics too!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 PM

I had many CA guitars, all dreadnoughts, and I always dreamed about trying and owning a X , but it is almost impossible to find one. Even Elderly instruments, which already has three/four of the new CA guitars (the ones with a 3/4 neck) has an X on order since months, but they have never received it.
I would like to ask the guys at CA if there is a reason why the X is so difficult to find ?

Any way, could you post some audio or video clips of your new X ?

Thanks,

GERARDO1000
Old 10-11-2006, 08:22 PM

I would love to post the sound of the guitar but I really do not have the equipment or know how to do it. Pictures are easy in that it is still on ebay and I can post that:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I emailed CA after I got the guitar because the serial number was 610011 and I thought it may be the 11th one produced. I was right. He said that less than 100 were made at the old factory. They had shut down the factory for a year and a half to expand and retool with more modern equipment. They are just now producing the X again. They have changed it somewhat, you can see the new version on Enderly's websight. I played a CA at Gruhn's in Nashville about 3 years ago and was blown away by the sound of a total composite guitar. I didn't really like the boxy shape of them and the X had not come out. When I saw the X I thought that was it, a shape I loved and hopefully the sound as well. It did not disappoint. Just outstanding acoustically and electrically. Not woody but its own quality and clarity. Also extremely responsive. Hard to describe you need to feel it. I absolutely believe this is the most innovative acoustic guitar I have every seen. Hopefully they will start to get production up and the word out.
Steve Kitchen Wooster Ohio

Last edited by Doubleneck; 10-11-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:23 PM

I have two X models in stock at my store in Lynchburg, VA. Email me [email protected] and I'll give you details. Thanks, Tim
2009 Eastman 815V
'60's Reissue Fender Jazz Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber