The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-16-2019, 09:04 AM

Default Guitar Strap- Fleeting deal... if you blinked

I went to write up a PSA about a strap I got for a killer deal... went to find the link to share it only to find that the price had changed- drastically. I guess I got super lucky.

On a previous thread in my search to share one of my favorite straps I came across another (from Perri's Leathers) that looked similar to a strap I purchased at Walker and Williams for $30 (which was a helluva deal)- but was only $13.29. I posted the link in the other thread- right after ordering one for myself. It looked similar to the W&W for less than half the price, so what the heck.

I went to post the link and I was shocked. They must have mis-priced the strap originally. I had mentioned it in another link. I didn't need another strap but at that price I jumped on it anyway.

Did anyone else take advantage of it @ $13.29???

Amazon's stock report says that there is only one left- but more on the way. Wonder if it will sell for the lower price?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APLDX-1609_.jpg (8.9 KB, 286 views)
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS
Old 01-16-2019, 09:39 AM

$62 now. I have one already, but I hope you got it.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 AM

Amazon plays games with their pricing. I have found them listing an item at such and such a price and then a few listings down, the exact same item from them, at a lower price. (Yes, both listings are Amazon's.)

Always go through ALL their listings.

I am betting that a good percentage of people find what they want and check no further.

That is how they make their money.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy1951 View Post
Amazon plays games with their pricing. I have found them listing an item at such and such a price and then a few listings down, the exact same item from them, at a lower price. (Yes, both listings are Amazon's.)

I am betting that a good percentage of people find what they want and check no further.

I am a frequent Amazon shopper and Prime member, so I know how they play that game. But there weren't multiple listings for this strap as there aren't now.

To update a bit, I compared this strap to the Walker and Williams one and this one is more comfortable (though I like the W/W color better with my guitar). I think they just mis-priced it and I got lucky. At first I thought that the low price was due to downgraded leather, but I no longer think so. It think it was just a mistake that I thought to take a chance on knowing I could return it if the quality sucked.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS
Old 01-16-2019, 11:59 AM

Be sure to know your prices before buying on Amazon. There are many thousands of items that are grossly overpriced. Most of these overpriced items are being sold by individuals and are not being sold by Amazon. Anyone can sell on Amazon just like on Ebay.

https://www.amazon.ca/b/?node=156647...ef=nav_cs_sell
Old 01-16-2019, 12:15 PM

62 bucks, I did get a suede one from the same company for 19 though. It said it was the last one. I think when they only have 1 or 2 in the warehouse they sell things really cheap at times
Old 01-16-2019, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy1951 View Post

Yes and I think their analytics keep track of when you are signed in searching based on purchase history. Sometimes I search without signing in or from a VPN.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:59 PM

I bought this one for $43.99, but it's since gone up six dollars: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a nice strap--good looking and comfortable, but a bit bulky in the guitar case. Still, it fits when I roll it up.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 01-16-2019, 01:32 PM

How about this one? https://www.amazon.com/Perris-Leathe...c+guitar+strap
Old 01-19-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhill View Post
That's a decent deal for what it is. I like 3.5" straps. After comparing it to my W/W which is very similar, I think the Perri's is better quality. Softer for sure. At $13.29 I thought for sure it would be "pleather" (PU) but no... It's a nice grade of leather. They must of mis-tagged it.

But my favorite "cheap" strap is still the 3.5" simple leather strap for $11.

https://www.amazon.com/Perris-Leathe...X3V7TVY9MS2ZQ4
Old 01-19-2019, 02:31 PM

Did you receive it already? Amazon has frequent price mistakes and they frequently cancel orders due to price mistakes. It has happened to me multiple times.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

Amazon adjusts prices all the time. It's not a mistake. It's marketing. sometimes prices are lowered for only 10 or 15 minutes. Get the camelcamelcamel add on and it will let you know when an item hits a certain price point.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Did you receive it already? Amazon has frequent price mistakes and they frequently cancel orders due to price mistakes. It has happened to me multiple times.
I must live a charmed life. I’ve bought tons of stuff from Amazon over the years, and have never had an order canceled because of a pricing error.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
This has happened to me to on both Cramazon and Fleabay. Find a deal pay for the item then later get a cancellation and refund, only to see the same seller has listed it higher because they realized they underpriced it. It’s BS.
Guilds: 69 F312 Braz, 89 Nightbird II, 91 Nightbird CU, 94 GV70, 96 A50 flattop, 06 CO1 Cedar, 11 F30CE, 13 CS F30R Reno Star, 14 GSR F30CE Coco, Orpheum OM RW, Orpheum SS Hog. SOLD: Guilds: 78 F40,79 F112,’87 GF60R,94 DV72,07 CS F47 Braz,11 DD6MCE,12 F30,12 F30R,18 F2512. Other: 70 Epi 5102,74 Ibanez LesPaul,90 Gibson ES347,15 Alvarez MFA70,15 Martin OM28VTS,15 Epi ES339Pro,16 Alvarez AF60
Old 01-19-2019, 05:51 PM

I got my suede one today, looks good . I wouldn't mind it being a little longer for me but hey less than 20 bucks I won't complain. I'll only use it sitting probably any how

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion