The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-05-2022, 01:07 AM

Default amplifier and cd music disc

Would like to know if someone has used a cd player with just backing track music through a amplifier at a small gathering .please let me know .Regards John
Old 12-05-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy1234 View Post
Would like to know if someone has used a cd player with just backing track music through a amplifier at a small gathering .please let me know .Regards John
Are you wondering if we have, or how it went, or how to hook things up?

I jam to backing tracks off YouTube all the time. Piping any auxiliary sound into an amp, regardless of the source (cd player, fm radio, mp3 player, computer) is accomplished the same way, depending highly on the amp in question. Some amps have a dedicated AUX input (1/8" stereo headphone jack 3.5mm TRS). Some amps have dual RCA/phono input jacks. Some have an effects loop which could be used to introduce the AUX signal on the return side of the loop.

If you want to know how to do this, please let us know which amp you're using so we can best advise you.

If you want to know how it went, that's another story all together.

If you want to know if we think you should use backing tracks, THAT'S another debate all together.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:07 PM

Default john from new zealand

Would you have a contact number as i would like to give you a call .Im 79 and could explain what gear i have .Kind regards John my email is gliderpilot@kinect .co.nz
Old 12-05-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy1234 View Post
Would you have a contact number as i would like to give you a call .Im 79 and could explain what gear i have .Kind regards John my email is gliderpilot@kinect .co.nz
The internet has much information about lots of things. Unless you're working with a custom handmade amp or something, model name and maker name should get us the information we need.

Check your direct message on the forum here.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification