The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Default Buskers?

Any buskers here? In the past I was busking the Malecon between Cristobal and Morro in Old San Juan, PR all winter. I was doing festivals and art fairs during the summer. But that is all a thing of the past, at least for now. Not much going on this summer. I've been reduced to entertaining my neighbors as they walk by in the afternoon from my front deck. I'm having to tip myself.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:51 AM

Same here, covid fear, and a record-hot summer, have kept me home. Have been practicing my 30-song list though. Covid cases are up lately. Stay safe and not sorry.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:57 AM

I busk once a week in a 100k city here in sweden. When the summer came I just didn't want to sit at home anymore. I've lost all my music gatherings because of corona ( a open mic, a folk community).
I may as well practise on the street.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by takamineGD93 View Post
I busk once a week in a 100k city here in sweden. When the summer came I just didn't want to sit at home anymore. I've lost all my music gatherings because of corona ( a open mic, a folk community).
I may as well practise on the street.
That's how I got started. I would go out on this stone wall with a rum and Coke and sit on it just playing songs and practicing. Then people started putting money in my empty glass. I still feel like I'm just out there playing and singing for my own enjoyment and the people who stop to listen are just nice people who want to hear some music.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:36 AM

I started 12 years ago,thinking busking would get me used to playing out. I think it worked. Eventually I got into looping and about a third of my songs are done with that. I'm itching to get out again but fear the covid. I love meeting the kids, friendly folks and those who compliment my playing, in among the ignorers and drunk/high/stupid people.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write