The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-04-2020, 09:04 AM

Lightbulb NGD: Gibson G45 Studio

Hello from Germany! I‘ve been reading good stuff about the new Gibson G-Series and i was in need for a new Guitar. I‘ve always bought my Guitars 2nd hand so this was special for me. With a Budget of 1500 € i was heading out to a large german retailer. In the „bling-bling room“ i headed straight to the Gibson wall. No G45‘s at all! Shocking! I asked the shopperson if they had one in stock. Luckily they had one. While i was waiting i tried several very nice Gibsons, Martins, Furchs, Eastmans and Taylors. They all were impressing! Some talked to me and some not. I wasnt so impressed by the J45 studio and i asked myself if i was heading in the right direction. When she handed me the G45 studio i was suprised how light it was compared to all the other Dreadnought i played before. The first strum i was sold. Instant connection. I played it against some guitars and asked also for the Standard. But it didnt worked for me.I was sold by the woodyness roughness and simple beauty of the studio. This guitar has a special tone. I am sure not everybody will like it - but for me it was love at the first strum. They had only this guitar left and it was a little bummer that i could not pick one out of a bunch. Also a Bummer: a little bit of glue at the backbraces and a little dent in the Pickguard.
Also important: the backs and top are not 100% bookmatched. Maybe this is the pricepoint thing: they use woods which are not visually appealing enough to build the top of the Line. Strumming, fingerpicking, flatpicking: sounds great. It’s a simple guitar which is easy to play and has a special tone. Comes with a great case and some case candy for 999€ in Germany.

Last edited by spiritofwood; 01-18-2020 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Pic added
Old 01-04-2020, 09:58 AM

It's not officially a NGD until we see som pics.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Yes, congrats on your new Gibson!
Let’s see those pics!
Scott
Old 01-04-2020, 11:05 AM

Default Gibson congrats

Been curious to find out if these G's sound more "trebly" than the J-45. Hope you send a sound byte
Old 01-04-2020, 11:10 AM

Gratuliere! Fotos, bitte!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations on your new G-45! I bought one myself a few months ago and have enjoyed it. Nice guitars!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:46 PM

Hey Spirit, I see this is your first post even though you joined 2.5 years ago ... Welcome to the AGF!

Congrats on your G45 Studio! Sounds like you have a wonderful guitar. Enjoy.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey Spirit, I see this is your first post even though you joined 2.5 years ago ... Welcome to the AGF!

Congrats on your G45 Studio! Sounds like you have a wonderful guitar. Enjoy.
Thank You! I’ve been reading here since 2 years and i got a lot of knowledge out of this place as i am hunting cheap guitars on eBay, repair them and hand them off to friends. If you are interested you can search for my username on Instagram . There are also more pics of the g45. Cheers from Hamburg
Old 01-18-2020, 12:16 PM

sweet looking guitar! Enjoy!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
g45, gibson