The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

Default Pre War Guitar Co OM BRAZ!!!!!

Well, I'm selling this guitar and it's the one I said I'd never sell. It "may" be the best guitar I've ever owned. Just a huge sound. Adi top, Brazilian B&S, It's a great guitar. Only reason I'm selling is because I just bought a 48' D-28. Here is the down side. As you can see from the photos there are some marks on this guitar. It had a run in with a stand. Not thru the wood but thru the finish into the wood. (see photo's). Also, I can not find the paperwork to this guitar. I know I had it when I got it...not sure why I'd have not kept it with the guitar but I did not. Yes, sometimes I'm an idiot!!....anyway....we all know how hard to get these guitars are...so with the "bruises" I'm asking $XXXX Shipped to Cont U.S. only. If you're way out in California I'm gonna need you to pay the shipping. I'll ship and insure it UPS and will pay $150 of the shipping...anything above that...buyer is gonna have to pay. Don't HAVE to sell...but my stable is full. and yes...this one is 1 & 3/4 nut width. Comes with the harptone case they all come with. Pretty sure this is a 1 on the relic scale. It looks great with WIDE GRAIN on the top.

Here are the main two bruises...yes....they hurt!!

Another small one near the edge:

Last edited by $ongWriter; 06-28-2020 at 10:32 PM. Reason: words
Old 06-23-2020, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

Wow, that 48 must be something. Wish I could buy both of your listings
Old 06-23-2020, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

You said you would never sell this, but you just bought another dread plus you still have the Pre*War HD...so maybe you're just a dread guy!

Seriously though, I got to try one of these at another forum member's house last year and it was among the top 2 best non-dreads I've ever played. And this is a very fair deal too.

GLWS but I suspect you won't need any.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 06-24-2020, 05:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
You said you would never sell this, but you just bought another dread plus you still have the Pre*War HD...so maybe you're just a dread guy!

Seriously though, I got to try one of these at another forum member's house last year and it was among the top 2 best non-dreads I've ever played. And this is a very fair deal too.

GLWS but I suspect you won't need any.
This is really one of the best guitars I've ever played. And of the two I own I actually "like" this guitar better. It's crazy but I'm more hung up on the history of guitars and I just like older guitars. The D-28 I bought is taper braced so it isn't as open as my PW DRED...but it is really good. decisions decisions...lol..I will admit....if my DRED sells first...(I've sold about 8000 worth of stuff the last month)...I may keep this OM...it's that good....even with the scars...I'm on the fence with this one....

Last edited by $ongWriter; 06-24-2020 at 06:06 AM. Reason: on the fence...
Old 06-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Default cold feet

Well, hate to do this...but...I've played this guitar for 20 minutes, and played my 48 D-18 and it's as good or better and my wrist does not hurt at all. I'm gonna pull this for now. Gonna sell my DRED..and I think I have a buyer...I thought I HAD to sell this but after talking to my accountant today I really don't have to......once again, sorry for those of you who showed some interest but I don't think I can let this go. If those of you who are interested want to pm me I will keep you at the top of the list if I change my mind. thanks...and once again..I apoligize....

Well...I've played a bunch of my guitars since yesterday. I've got too many and I'm gonna let this go. I had one guy send a pm so I'll give him first shot. But it's back up. Sorry for the back and forth....but my Martin 0000 sounds ALOT like this guitar...so I'm gonna put it back up on the block.....

Last edited by Kerbie; 06-25-2020 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Added info from early bump.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Default back up

Well, this guitar is still for sale. Folks this guitar is amazing. Will miss it...but I got too many and right now as you know these Pre-War's are hot!!....you will not be disappointed with this guitar!!!!
Old 06-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Lovely guitar. No issue whatsoever with the ding. It's a relic'ed guitar so now its a grade 1.5.

Is it a 1 3/4" x 2 3/8" classic 25.4" OM?

I'd love to hear this guitar. Any chance you could make a recording?
Old 06-26-2020, 12:45 PM

I too have some case bites on my level 1, if the time comes I agree, just call it a 1.5

Of course one can order any spec they want, but the default 'vintage' spec is 1 3/4" and 2 5/16" at the bridge. It's a more aggressively tapered, deeper V than my OM-28A up the neck (ie. modeled after I believe a '37 type neck), but I actually prefer it, super comfy and wonderful for blues comping.

Last edited by brandall10; 06-26-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:45 PM

PM sent re: OM
Old 06-27-2020, 08:14 PM
Charter Member

Default folks

Folks, sorry for the couple of posts I missed and didn't answer. Been out of pocket today. But, pretty sure this guitar is gonna live in Atlanta. If I get payment it'll ship on Monday. I gave the buyer 48 hour approval. Thanks for all the comments.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:31 PM
Charter Member

Default Sold.

this guitar is sold...after a 48 hour approval once the guitar arrives.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars