The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-17-2019, 07:51 PM

Default Larrivee L-40

Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try the L-40 model? This is one model that I havenīt come across and the major Canadian dealers of Larrivee guitars donīt even have them listed on their websites. I have tried the OM and D models and quite like them but I would like a cross between the two and I like that the L models have the 1-3/4Ļ nut width.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

I haven't played an L-40 mahogany, but I have played a custom L-40R with rosewood and moon spruce top. I found it to be a versatile guitar that was best for strumming while still working well for fingerstyle. The extra bass compared to an OM does make it kind of a cross between an OM and a dread like you describe. I've played a few different Larrivee L's, and I always really like them. It's a very good do-it-all kind of guitar.

Santa Cruz H, Martin D28A 1937, 000-28AA 1937, 000-15M, Fairbanks F-20NL, Walker Wise River
Old 06-17-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumblead View Post
I haven't played an L-40 mahogany, but I have played a custom L-40R with rosewood and moon spruce top. I found it to be a versatile guitar that was best for strumming while still working well for fingerstyle. The extra bass compared to an OM does make it kind of a cross between an OM and a dread like you describe. I've played a few different Larrivee L's, and I always really like them. It's a very good do-it-all kind of guitar.
Thanks! That's what I kind of see the L body as, a great "do it all" model. I especially interested in the cutaway model. I have always liked the L body from Larrivee but have never played one with the 40 bracing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion