The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-18-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf View Post
Yes. I basically want a very small windows based computer, like tablet size to use at times. I have 2 Android based tablets and simply find them illogical to use as far as storage and use of files, folders and pics. I will have internet connection but no power app type usage. This is not for work, it is for play and music and songs/guitar type stuff.
Windows 10 works with different physical formats and lots of systems have touch screens.

As one who uses several platforms, your comments on files rings a bell where Windows 10 or the iPad "Files" will probably make sense to a long time desktop OS user.

Your only issue is what you want to spend. Nothing among lots of stuff tried keeps my users or me happy like a Surface Pro but you're toward or over $1000. Microsoft's own store sells non-Microsoft systems that you can consider vetted or less likely to have the post-sale misery that can happen.

You can buy department store craptops with touch screens for little money but it is a you get what you pay for world. There have been countless times when I've witnessed a basic iPad keeping people happier if a first tier Windows system is too expensive.

If Windows 10 is new to you, Microsoft's own training is good. Good luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic