The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Default Breedlove Revival OM Deluxe

2010 Breedlove Revival OM/AM with Adirondack (Red Spruce) top and Mahogany back and sides. Breedlove used to issue these with a Master Class designation on the label and certificate. The more recently built guitars don't, but I have confirmed with Breedlove that they did not change anything about the guitar as far as the spec's and they were still built by the Master Class luthiers (J. Bowerman) in the Breedlove Custom Shop. The newer ones do have a different headstock shape than the older ones.

This guitar has been cared for in a smoke free home at proper humidity levels. There are no noticeable nicks, dings, scratches, or cracks. There is just a little fretwear under the unwound strings, first few frets. The mahogany back and sides have a couple areas that look like they are a little lighter than the rest. This is really only noticeable if you are outside in natural light. This one easily competes with guitars costing twice the price. I picked it over a Martin OM-18GE which was a close second. This OM plays much easier as well. I love the neck profile and smooth hand-rubbed finish on the neck. The profile is very similar to my 2015 Taylor GS. There is no strap button installed in the neck.

I've played a lot of Breedlove guitars over the years. The Master Class Revival series guitars are my favorites, but every Master Class guitar I've played was amazing, not only the tone, but also the quality of woods used and the overall craftsmanship. Taylor started building "R Taylor" guitars when they decided to build truly high end guitars built by their top luthiers in a small workshop. Breedlove has always built their Master Class guitars this way. I don't think you'll find a better guitar at this price point. There is a lot of high praise written about these Revival Deluxe guitars online, and they don't come up for sale too often. You just don't find too many guitars anymore with the neck all made from a single piece of wood.

This one is the deluxe version with Adirondack Spruce (Red Spruce) top and bracing, bone nut and saddle, gloss finish, and Waverly open gear tuners. The original MSRP was $3729. (Note: The standard version is not a MasterClass series. It has Sitka Spruce top, satin finish and Grover tuners and a much lower MSRP.)

Price is $1600 + shipping.

https://breedlovemusic.com/acoustic-...l-om-am-deluxe

Traditional in both design and aesthetic, Revival Series guitars capture the essence of legendary “pre-war” guitars. Breedlove Craftsmanship in an American made, hand built guitar that represents a benchmark for performance and value. Breedlove Revival acoustic guitars feature forward X bracing, and a graduated top thickness. Revival tops are thicker in the middle and thinner toward the perimeter, delivering a tone that is powerful and explosive, and also very balanced. The Adirondack Spruce top with Adirondack Spruce bracing responds well to powerful strumming while the Mahogany back and sides allow for a pronounced mid-range tone. The OM body style fits comfortably for all shapes and sizes of people, while the semi-gloss neck and the 1 3/4" nut width allow for an ease of playability up and down the fretboard.

Specifications
* Solid Select Honduran Mahogany Back and Sides
* Solid Red Spruce Top and Braces
* Advanced and Scalloped “Pre-War” X-Bracing
* Tortoise Shell Body Binding
* Multi-ply bwb Rosette
* Soundhole Truss Rod Access
* Ebony Pinned “Belly” Bridge
* 1/8” Hand-Shaped Bone Saddle
* 25 ½” Scale Length
* 14 Fret Honduran Mahogany Neck
* Ebony Fingerboard
* Pearl Dot Position Markers
* Ebony Heel Cap
* 1 ¾” Hand-Shaped Bone Nut
* # Of Frets: 20
* Rosewood Headstock Overlay
* Waverly Vintage Style Tuners
* Vintage Toner Stain
* Gloss Finish
* Hand rubbed semi-gloss finish neck
* Breedlove Arch Top Hardcase

Last edited by JeffR.; 06-13-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:24 PM
Charter Member

Sale pending
Old 06-13-2019, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

Smile Yay

Lotta axe for the moolah!

I had a similar Master Class Revival in the same woods, but a 12 fret as I recall.
It was a fine instrument and the new owner was thrilled last I heard!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 06-16-2019, 02:23 AM

Is this sold? Sent a pm
Old 06-17-2019, 03:22 PM

Bump for a seriously good guitar at a great price
Old 06-17-2019, 03:29 PM

Default Breedlove OM A/M

Agree, I sent Jeff a payment this morning.
Happy to say this one is SOLD - to me!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars