The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-15-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
That was game 5, correct? That must have been a devastating ending with Golden State coming back to win the way they did. But ultimately the outcome didn't matter because ...

Toronto wins NBA Championship!!
Wow, what a game 6. Lead changes and close right to the end. Anyone watch the game?

Yeah, it was sort of a stunner. We were ahead and starting to feel like this could be it, then they hit those shots to go back in front. The final play was also a bit confusing as to why Nurse didn’t take the time out and draw something up. Thursday night, however, was very much fun and another crazy game. We watched at a friend’s place and walked along St. Clair Ave W in Toronto afterwards, where cars were honking and people were high-fiving on the sidewalk. My daughter, who’s 14, had never seen anything like it. She was quite euphoric and it was great to see.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:45 AM

Congratulations to Toronto!
The wife is happy.
She grew up on the Toronto island.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Long live the Raptors! That was thrilling.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 06-15-2019, 09:29 AM

Kinda wish, I had been back in Toronto to take it all in.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:24 AM

Toronto, congratulations. Your first championship is Tainted. You beat a team with 40% of it's line-up healthy. Next time, beat a healthy team.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknow View Post
Toronto, congratulations. Your first championship is Tainted. You beat a team with 40% of it's line-up healthy. Next time, beat a healthy team.
Well, boo hoo...

Next time send a healthy team.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
TWEET..... Ref has just called a technical for unsportsmanlike posting
Old 06-16-2019, 01:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nothing like a gracious loser...

Toronto took on the best anyone could put against them and won. I’m a Philly guy, lots of locals were saying if Embid hadn’t been sick for games 4-5 of that series, Philly would have won. We’ll never know because he was sick and could barely play. But hey, Kawhi was hurt for the whole playoffs. Lowry could barely feel his hand for the painkillers they were shooting him up with. Attrition is ALWAYS part of the playoffs and Golden State put the best team they could on the court, and Toronto beat them and frankly dominated them in most of the series. And, actually, Toronto and Golden State played 8 times this season and Toronto won 6 of the 8. One might conclude that Toronto was just the better team.

So no bellyaching!

Last edited by raysachs; 06-16-2019 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:

I detect a note of sourness in your post. I hope you feel better soon. It was a tough series. Better luck next time.

Much love from the Champs’ city
Old 06-17-2019, 09:38 AM

The turnout for the parade today is incredible. They are estimating about 2 million people along the route! I know it took me several trains before I could get on the subway this morning, as there were that many people heading downtown.

The Warriors made a truly classy gesture, taking out a full page ad in the Toronto Star congratulating the Raptors.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdto View Post
The turnout for the parade today is incredible. They are estimating about 2 million people along the route! I know it took me several trains before I could get on the subway this morning, as there were that many people heading downtown.

The Warriors made a truly classy gesture, taking out a full page ad in the Toronto Star congratulating the Raptors.
<<snippet pic>>
Yep, what a turnout in Toronto, amazing. Watch out for a Maple Leafs Stanley Cup victory ... that would be insane.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic