The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 AM

Default All maple taylor 414 custom

Hi Guys, since ive been at home with man flu for a few days I decided to finally have a go at uploading a video to youtube.. Im a total nube to this!

when I first got this guitar I posted up here ages ago as knowbody seemed to know what the construction was.. a few e mails to Taylor in the netherlands confirmed that the guitar I had purchased was indeed custom made for a shop in the states.. Ive adored this guitar since having it.. Like some others I had reservations over maple guitars.. Id actually gone to the shop that day to try out a larrivee and a guy bought this guitar in as a part exchange whilst i was there.. I played it for an hour or so in the store and it just felt amazing.. I payed a total of £1000 and have been smitten ever since.. does is sound like a maple guitar? that I don't know but id be interested to hear what you guys have to say on it. http://youtu.be/KyhNU9D5O28
go easy on me im new to posting here and defo new to recording myself
ps the guitar lives in dadgad tuning
cheers Andy
Old 11-22-2012, 07:29 AM

Nice find. I had a custom made maple/spruce guitar and only have positive things to say about such a wonderful tonewood.

Although it can be challenging to discern tone through Youtube/ computer speakers, sounds like a very nice maple guitar. What string gauge are you using?

Looks like an enjoyable time: nice fireplace and fire, new to you guitar etc.

Congratulations.

Also, Your Youtube video looks better than most I see.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random works View Post
Nice find. I had a custom made maple/spruce guitar and only have positive things to say about such a wonderful tonewood.

Although it can be challenging to discern tone through Youtube/ computer speakers, sounds like a very nice maple guitar. What string gauge are you using?

Congratulations.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for looking and listening the video too. Cheers andy
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random works View Post

Congratulations.

sorry I missed the part about strings i use; I use elixir custom lights

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
414ce, dadgad, maple, taylor