The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-11-2019, 09:13 AM

IMG_3197.jpg

Charlie Parr playing his tunes at Mule HQ. People attach “American treasure” when they mention his name so often it should be his suffix.
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 01-14-2019, 06:38 PM

IMG_3246.jpgIMG_3245.jpg

A brass beauty we finished last week.
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 01-15-2019, 04:51 AM

Thanks, Matt, for all of your posts. I met you and your guitars in Woodstock. Fabulous instruments!
Old 01-16-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Thanks, Matt, for all of your posts. I met you and your guitars in Woodstock. Fabulous instruments!

Thanks for stopping by JT!
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 01-16-2019, 06:40 PM

The most intense joy of making instruments-seeing someone use what you’ve made to do something you could never do yourself. Perhaps play something that would not have been had it not been for the combination of two people’s stories. The certificate of authenticity that Jack Baumgartner made for me is a great example. I’ve loved his art since I found him on Instagram probably five years ago. He’s been following me since then too and has seen Mule go through its story. Now his amazing ability, his symbolism, and his creative expression combined with Mule’s story into this certificate that will accompany all the future Mules. I’m so excited to be able to give people this.

IMG_3447.jpgIMG_3446.jpgIMG_3448.jpgIMG_3449.jpg
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 01-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Charter Member

I have watched these resos being built over the last few years but hesitated to buy one. It was just a lot of money to make a leap of faith purchase without playing one.

My son wanted to make a circumnavigation of Lake Michigan as well as say he has seen all 5 great lakes (I'm proud of his 13 year old geography goals). Well I studied the map and low and behold I could stop through Saginaw along the way.

I reached out to Matt and he was very gracious to let me and my family stop by and visit the shop. We arrived and he took about an hour of his time to walk us through the his manufacturing process and play a couple. I was immediately smitten.

We left and my wife said that was such a great experience and I like the sound. You should buy one. I think more than anything Matt's enthusiasm for his product along with some Billy Gibbons stories and the fact that his build quality is incredible made me an immediate customer.

I put a deposit on one the next day. That was August per the wait, I am looking at a March/April arrival. I count the days. Will be a Tricone Brass model the dirtier looking the better.
2017 Huss and Dalton CM Custom Sinker/Italian
2017 Martin OMC 18
2017 Martin Custom Shop OM Cherry/Adi
2020 Martin OO Flyfishing
2020 Huss and Dalton TOM-R Maple/Alaskan Sitka
2023 Beard Radio Standard Odyssey
Old 01-20-2019, 11:18 AM

That’s a nice story Mr FatOrange3.
I am in the UK, and having moderate means, I have invested in a number of mid range reso’s over the years, Two are Michael Messer guitars, one wood and one brass body (both single cone) great guitars from a good Far East source that Michael has worked with for many years.
I also play lap style and have a Goldtone and Wechter Scheerhorn Rob Ickes model, these too are great guitars.
I love the look of the Mule and maybe one day will have the money to get one, that depends on my lottery numbers coming up!
Old 01-30-2019, 04:53 AM

IMG_3604.jpg
Slide wizard Ariel Posen.

https://youtu.be/VRTEJIIn5PM
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 01-30-2019, 05:59 AM

That’s a great story Mr FatOrange3. Matt you have a great story as well !

For me, back in the early nineties I found my hearts passion in National steel body guitars. I've owned and played so many over the years. Eventually I found my way to Dobro wood bodies and that came at a good point in my journey. Those wood body guitars reignited the passion in me, in particular the Spruce Top Dobro 45 guitars. Nothing sounds quite as good as a Spruce top dobro!

Matt, please try a spruce top/Mahogany back dobro. It just doesn't get much better ! I love your brand, the look of your guitars, and the sounds I hear online. I have not had the pleasure of playing one yet, but I look forward to the day I can. Keep up the good work !
Old 02-07-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanks for your kind words Mr . sunburst! I haven’t heard a reso in the woods you mentioned and I LIKE IT!
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 02-07-2019, 06:34 PM

7403A931-46B6-4687-ABC9-C25814F988D5.jpg

Mike, Denis, Will and I strung up our 500th reso.

We are good at guitars (most days) but not at pictures.
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 02-07-2019, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEich View Post
Attachment 18715

Mike, Denis, Will and I strung up our 500th reso.

We are good at guitars (most days) but not at pictures.

Love it
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-07-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEich View Post
Thanks for your kind words Mr . sunburst! I haven’t heard a reso in the woods you mentioned and I LIKE IT!
Three of my best friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 blondes 008 (3).jpg (52.8 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Mr.Sunburst; 02-07-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:57 AM

Jeffrey Foucault is just one of my total faves. He's a friend, but I still get dry mouth when going to a show. He's that kind of cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqDkUKq4R4I
www.muleresophonic.com
Old 03-11-2019, 04:44 AM

IMG_4420.jpg

Number 500. FIVE. HUNDRED. Thanks to all you Mule people- the joy of this work is being part of your stories and music. It’s incredibly inspirational for us and it feels big. The collection of stories is my pride and joy. Towards the beginning of Mule I received three pieces of advice that have guided me out of basement shops. First was in Bob Taylor’s book - “Quantity is just as important as quality. “ Challenging eh? It forces balance - be careful your ego doesn’t get in the way of getting inspirational tools to people. The second was “What’s your end game?” This is one of the first questions we business owners should ask but rarely do. If you don’t have an idea what you want it to look like and what the reality (numbers) your future decisions are arbitrary. I love resonator guitars and wanted to get them to as many people as I could and see what happened, I also wanted to make them with other people. The third is one I share with my football players - Don’t be Clever Be Strong. Sure you can work smarter but the big stuff is all heart. We keep the 100’s #1 - made in a closet with a plumbing torch never having cut a piece of metal or seeing a Resonator. #100 - the last guitar made in the basement shop, a fiddle edge, brass edges hammered around a wire. #200- our first electric guitar and homemade pick ups. #300 - got skipped, dark days. #400 - our first powdercoated Mule. #500 - a Tricone with a pick up, this style of resonator made our business. also pictured, our first Mulecaster, the guitar played on stage with Adele, Charlie Parr’s paintings and my first “shop” - a closet. #thenewsoundofsteel #dontbecleverbestrong #resonatorguitar
10CB56A0-2601-41AD-B797-5A0CDD5D67F8.jpg0583353C-30FF-407C-8ABE-4CA12728951D.jpg6073BCB9-2930-4C57-AB63-72786F3F6693.jpgC131EB06-4295-4DCC-A80F-427952CF125B.jpgA409FA16-32DE-49D1-BA43-BE8943B4D822.jpgIMG_4419.jpg
www.muleresophonic.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop