The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Cool Studio One

I own and use the latest version of Presonus Studio One as well. However, after using both back and forth, I give the edge to Sonar. Hopefully someone will buy Cakewalk from Gibson and continue development.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut
Old 12-26-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
I own and use the latest version of Presonus Studio One as well. However, after using both back and forth, I give the edge to Sonar. Hopefully someone will buy Cakewalk from Gibson and continue development.
This is how I feel. I took a long time to get my computers dialed in to where I like them, and SONAR Producer 3 works perfectly for what I do, and it works seamlessly with my VST plug-ins (Slate, Lexicon, Waves, etc). I couldn't imagine my computers working any better than they do for what I need, so I actually plan on keeping them around a while set-up the way they are now. I down-loaded every program and patch I bought through Cakewalk to a backup hard-drive for future installs if need be.

Last edited by rockabilly69; 12-26-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:35 PM

That's the way I felt too until I saw Presonus's FaderPort 8 DAW controller in action...had to have it then, also got Studio One and Notion. So now I'm all Presonus stuff.

Benefits are customer support, future development, Faderport works great with it, plus it's easy to use and is rock solid. I was up and running in very little time after watching a couple You Tube video's. I didn't need to read manuals as thick as a phone book. Plus I got it on a group buy for $126 ,,,only available for another few days. I definitely want those motorized faders....
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD