The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 09-07-2021, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Pono Guitars

Aloha and again, thank you for helping us to become one of the popular "small" guitar makers. Dealing directly with our customers we have been able to make a guitar at affordable prices.
We did change one method of marketing and sales. Now my son Andrew, with Hawaii Music Supply will handle all sales of our guitars. He was active and instrumental in the establishment, design, and manufacturing of Pono guitars from the beginning, so now as I approach retirement, he will take over.

As as many of you know, with marketing and sales of the professional ukuleles, he is doing the same with our guitars. All Pono guitars currently available are on his website, www theukulelesite com where you can find photos and videos, and even special studio gigs.

also, on another thread I noticed a discussion of nut widths. We have decided now for all UL (11 1/4"), L (12 1/4"), O (13 1/2"), and OO (14 3/8") to have a 1 13/16"' nut width. OM, Dreadnought, and Grand Auditorium will continue to be 1 3/4"

(the UL is somewhat patterned after the 1800's style 3 terz guitar). We have used various woods, but the next batch is Rosewood with Cedar, with figured maple binding).

let us know if you have any questions.

thanks, John Kitakis

Last edited by koolau; 09-07-2021 at 09:05 PM. Reason: added information

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace