The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-09-2018, 08:19 AM

Default Larrivee L-05MT / MH all mahogany acoustic guitar, dual pickups: I-Beam & Fishman RE

Larrivee L-05 MT / L05 MH (2004) - all mahogany with original Larrivee hard shell case

Asking £1950 (obo). Also listed here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123240895485?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1558.l2649

Serial number 77412 - Started in production October 2004 (I.e. at that time, the sides were joined at the blocks, a serial number assigned to the instrument, and the serial number registered in Larrivee's books).

Further photos/sound clips/videos available on request.

I never thought I’d sell it as it's such an excellent guitar, but I’ve committed to a few single luthier builds, so very sadly this needs to go. I am also selling:

- Larrivee P-03 Parlour mahogany/sitka; Martin open backed tuners though these could be changed to Gotoh 510s or Larrivee Pings; from memory it also has a K&K pure mini

- Larrivee LV-09 (2004, mint) east Indian rosweood/sitka with K&K pure mini; optional L R Baggs M1 / M1a; optional upgraded tuners to Gotoh 510 with ebony buttons

- Andrew White Freja 1000 – Natural Jatoba/Solid Sitka spruce (new/mint)

- Lowden O12 Newtownards era (c. 2000 – date tbc); sitka/mahogany with K&K pure mini and optional L R Baggs M1/M1a; including ultra compensated saddle so it can be strung and properly intonated as a (short scale) baritone

DESCRIPTION

This is a rare, limited edition Larrivee with a dual source pickup system (L R Baggs I-Beam under saddle transducer and a Fishman Rare Earth Humbucker, which sounds great plugged in and works for anything from intimate fingerstyle gigs to large venues/festivals).

All solid mahogany (top, back, neck and sides).

Ebony fingerboard, bridge and headstock faceplate.

Flamed maple body binding.

Gloss finish.

Original hard shell case - Larrivee branded top with domed top for extra protection - included.

Dual pickup system wired to a single stereo endpin: L R Baggs I-Beam and Fishman Rare Earth Humbucker (which can be switched to single coil mode). No "barn door" electronics. Sounds superb plugged in.

I can include the fantastic Gotoh 510 tuners in (from memory, Super 510s with 21:1 ratio) with ebony buttons or chrome buttons for an extra £100 (Pictured). Else it will come with the standard Larrivee all chrome tuners (Pings, I believe).

Low, buzz free action and excellent playability.

Lovely warm tone.

Collection from London SE24 or EC3, UK. I will sell internationally – buyer to arrange shipping and insurance (and is of course is liable for any duty/taxes on import, etc).

Wood
Back & Sides: Solid mahogany
Top:Solid mahogany
Neck: Solid mahogany
Headplate: Ebony
Fingerboard: Ebony
Bridge: Ebony
Hardware

Tuners: Ping 18:1 (or Gotoh 510 21:1 with ebanoid button for extra £100)
Saddle: Bone, compensated
Nut: Bone
Bridge Pins: Ebony
Case: Hardshell archtop (Larrivee branded)
Measurements

Scale Length: 25.5"
Upper Bout: 11.625"
Waist: 10.25"
Lower Bout: 16"
Body Depth: 4.75
Nut Width: 1-3/4"
Saddle Spacing: 2-1/4"
Details

Finish: Gloss
Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
Rosette: Abalone
Top Purfling: Multi-strip
Body Binding: Flamed maple
Heel Cap: Ivroid
Fingerboard Binding: Ivroid
Bridge Style: Standard
Pick Guard: None
Inlay

Headstock: Inlaid pearl logo with sterling silver boarder
Fingerboard: Micro Dots
Postage

Cash on collection from London (SE24 – or EC3).

It can be shipped globally. If postage/courier is required, this must be arranged by the buyer, and be at their own cost and own risk. Full insurance strongly recommended. I will pack the guitar carefully.

I am also selling:

- Lowden O23 custom (2017) bastogne walnut/cear with L R Baggs Anthem and fingerstyle (45mm nut / 60 mm string spacing at saddle)

- Lowden O12 (c.2000) mahogany/spruce with K&K pure mini, standard saddle and baritone saddle
- Larrivee P-03 Parlour mahogany/sitka; Martin open backed tuners though these could be changed to Gotoh 510s or Larrivee Pings; from memory it also has a K&K pure mini

- Larrivee LV-09 (2004, mint) east Indian rosewood/sitka with K&K pure mini; optional L R Baggs M1 / M1a; optional upgraded tuners to Gotoh 510 with ebony buttons

- Andrew White Freja 1000 – Natural Jatoba/Solid Sitka spruce (new/mint)

Important

I believe this guitar does not have rosewood or any other woods that would be problematic (e.g. re CITES) for international shipping. However, I cannot provide any assurances, warranties or guarantees in respect of the same. The buyer assumes full responsibility in relation to any related risks, including (but not limited to) confiscation and/or destruction by boarder control agents or others.

I would prefer the purchaser to collect the guitar, but if needs be then the purchaser is to pay actual postage and packing costs (plus insurance).

Actual postage price may be subject to change – buyer pays actual postage and packing cost. I have posted guitars with parcelforce the to UK before and the postage is typically around £25. However, separate insurance needs to be arranged (by the buyer). Buyers are also responsible for any applicable taxes and duties. Appropriate insurance strongly recommended.

No trades please - I'm selling to fund two Tom Sands guitars I have on order.
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists
Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 AM

Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
all mahogany, fishman, i-beam, l-05mt, larrivee