The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-08-2020, 08:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
You can’t fly with a lithium battery and low weight is important. It might be a nice system for travel.
I've never flown with an amp - no need. I'm sure those that do need have run into this though. I don't know if the wood one would hold up well unless you had a nice flight case for it. I think the wood is strictly for looks but I like the look of wood covered amps although I've never owned one.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:40 AM

The d68 pro also has the side pole
Mount.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
The d68 pro also has the side pole
Mount.
Yes, another bonus feature for sure!
Old 09-15-2020, 09:54 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for a great review. I’m in the middle of a multi-state move so I have not been following this forum as much as I normally do.

I will be giving a serious look at buying an EAE amp once I get settled again. I am leaning towards the EAE D6-8 Mk ii since I already have a QSC CP-8 which I could use as my main speaker on a pole if I need more power with the EAE amp for a floor monitor. Should be a great setup.

Not sure where the post-Covid entertainment world will look like, but I am thinking EAE will be a part of my mine. Looks to be great gear at a fair price.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Nice review—looks like a good option. I’m surprised they don’t make a matching extension cabinet for when you need more coverage.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringmaster View Post
Nice review—looks like a good option. I’m surprised they don’t make a matching extension cabinet for when you need more coverage.
That’s a cool idea!
Old 11-26-2020, 07:47 PM

Are the outputs assignable on this amp? Can I send a separate vox and guitar to FOH using the two outs?
Old 11-27-2020, 11:56 AM

Having used most of the other talked about guitar amps i can say that Elite Acoustics make the best amp out there. I use mine for a monitor when gigging and use two Bose S1 Pros on poles for the mains. By going direct out of the Elite Acoustics to the mains, same mix, I get the benefit of the tone from Elite that I love. I also use an Elite Stompmix 6 for effects and eq. Highly recommend Elite Acoustics to anyone playing acoustic guitar.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymartin View Post
Are the outputs assignable on this amp? Can I send a separate vox and guitar to FOH using the two outs?
It has a mode where inputs 1 & 2 go unprocessed to XLR outs 1 & 2 (otherwise left and right). This is designed for someone who wants to control their monitor mix but let a sound person have control of what goes to the house.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
It has a mode where inputs 1 & 2 go unprocessed to XLR outs 1 & 2 (otherwise left and right). This is designed for someone who wants to control their monitor mix but let a sound person have control of what goes to the house.
Perfect... thnx
Old 05-28-2021, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

I’m awaiting a D6-58 in wood paneling, which are now available for $100 upcharge. It’s due in a few days.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:49 PM

I got a deal on the A1-4 I know it's under powered but I can link it to an FRFR speaker I have... Couldn't pass up 25% off
Old 05-28-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellHawaii View Post
I’m awaiting a D6-58 in wood paneling, which are now available for $100 upcharge. It’s due in a few days.

That will be beautiful looking as well as sounding!
Old 06-04-2021, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

Default Elite Acoustics D6-58 Review

Well I got my wood-paneled Elite Acoustics D6-58 in. It is nicer than I expected in many ways. It's not 'wood paneling' as I assumed but actual real wood plywood. Looks and feels substantial.
Beyond being beautiful, there is the small detail of how it sounds. Which is even more of a pleasant surprise. It sounds great right off the bat, warm woody sound that's clear as a bell and easy on the ears. It growls in the lower register when asked and has a natural, smooth sound throughout the registers. When played loud the tone doesn't change. It sounds like my guitar, louder. Finally!
I have tried a lot of acoustic amps. I'm always searching for the right sound. This may be it. I can't quite say 'I've driven every kind of rig that's ever been made,' but pretty close. I've done the tower amps, the Fishmans, and many of the boutique companies. My worst disappointment was spending big bucks for a Mesa Rosette, assuming that such an awesome company would get it right. Boy was I wrong. It has every bell and whistle, light and switch that you can imagine, and a ton of options. But it sounds horrible. You can get a tolerable acoustic sound from it with much tweaking; you cannot get a great sound tho. Any Fishman Loudbox sounds better, IMO. On many amps the only way to make it sound better is to turn it down! The Elite sounds good from the start, then gets better.
I have never played an AER, which gets great reviews similar to the EAE (Elite Engineering). But reviewers said while the guitar tone was great, the vocal tone was lacking, whereas the EAE vocals sound like a PA, which I can confirm. Also I wanted an extra input for a guest vocalist ( my wife when I can talk her into it!) and the EAE has plenty!!!
The ease of use is amazing. There are no menus and everything is where it should be intuitively. It is easy to use and powerful in both its processing abilities and its clean volume. I love that it's a 3-way speaker system, which often sounds smoother to my ears than a 2 way. I love that it's made in the U.S. And battery powered! Off to the big gig in the park!
But the thing is, seriously, it sounds Great!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9028.jpg (54.1 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by RussellHawaii; 06-11-2021 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old 06-04-2021, 02:31 PM

Default Elite Acoustics D6-58 Review

The sound of my D6-8 is closer to what you’d expect from a studio setup than a live sound one. Yes it sounds wonderful!

Then there is the rich feature set: I think the mixer is comparable to the Bose T4S. It makes it hard to go back to the simple three band EQ and reverb send format of the competition!

Congrats on your purchase of what I believe is the best acoustic amp out there!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification