The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-03-2021, 10:24 PM

Default Journey Instruments Dual-Source Preamp?

This could be old news for most, but has anyone taken the Journey Dual Source Preamp for a spin?

I ran across it when looking on Reverb for something completely unrelated, and was surprised I haven't even heard before of its existence. If a particular Journey guitar already has the three-element piezo installed (mine does), it is supposed to be a completely tool-free installation.

Given that the preamp has a mic as part of it, I'll have to experiment first with a Tonewood installation I had planned for testing placement. I can then roll off the mic input to prevent feedback with the Tonewood, and see how controls can be positioned while still allowing use of the convenient Planet Waves soundhole tuner.

Then, down the line... Harp Rail! If the body,is wide enough, an overhead-capable travel harp guitar is definitely too cool to turn down.

I'm finding the OF660 more useful than I originally expected, and am looking to push it as far as possible.

Thanks in advance!

----

Back to the subject in hand, though...

I have seen the dual-source preamp installation video on a non-carbon Journey, and I think I can reach my hand in far enough to do the install... but has anyone tried it, heard it, or even read a review?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber