The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Charter Member

Default N(used)GD

AAfter many a sleepless night and much anxiety in making this decision I decided to move my Robinson GA. Reason being, it is simply, and very disappointingly, too large for my old mx injured shoulder and neck. It has been sitting in its case unplayed for too long now. A smaller size guitar, like my Taylor 322, is what works best for me, so the quest ensued.

I watched the AGF classifieds and contacted a few members re: trades but nothing materialized.

When I saw this one.... https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=551299

I did some research and thought, wow....looks like a perfect fit. I contacted JAMKC, we PM’d, then emailed and then called back and forth and struck a deal.

I received the H&D last Friday and have had a few hours with it so far. I think we are going to be great friends. The H&D is stunning! It has a modern vintage sound that I really like. The playability is remarkably easy (think Taylor X22). The craftsmanship rivals the best of the best...say “flawless”! The finish is a mirror. I cannot believe H&D has not been on my radar before.

This was my first trade ever and JAMKC (Jeff) was a great guy to deal with. He put my mind at ease about trading. Stand up guy, easy transaction.

You can now call me a Huss & Dalton fan.

Collings ~ Taylor ~ Martin

Last edited by Godfather; 07-16-2019 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

Mike, thanks for the very nice comments and right back at ya! You were a pleasure to deal with and we both won on this trade. The Jake is a beauty and will be with me a long time. Most notable string to string separation I’ve ever heard. Light weight and tremendous build quality. Pics to come!
Old 07-15-2019, 10:16 PM

Very nice! Back when I lived in the Bay Area/Peninsula, I used to make regular trips to Gryphon Stringed Instruments, who always had several H&D guitars displayed. I played as many of them as I could (without wearing out my welcome) & never played one that was less than stellar.
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass
Old 07-16-2019, 04:24 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations to you both!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion