The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-07-2018, 11:50 PM

Default Where to buy BBand pickups?

Now that Shoreline Music no longer stocks them, where would one go to buy BBand pickups?
Old 05-08-2018, 05:19 AM

Blue Star Music, but I would call Shorline first to understand their decision. The owner of Blue Star is also a good resource for advice and I've consulted him more than once over the phone and via email.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 05-08-2018, 05:52 AM

Any reason why Shoreline stopped selling B-Band? I bought the A2.2 XOM from them a year or two ago. I was under the impression that they liked the brand.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

If I am using a UST, the only one I want is a B-band. Thanks for the tip on Blue Star now that Shoreline is not stocking them. As far as understanding Shoreline's decision, I don't need to.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:55 AM

I stopped carrying B-Band because they stopped selling their products in the US. Pekka has moved on to other things.

As it turns out, we were cleaning this weekend and found a box with a few remaining pickup elements and a couple of pickup systems. I'll get them onto the Closeouts page some time in the coming weeks.
• AGF-only discounts
Free Shipping + Free Returns
Shoreline Rewards
Videos
• Guitars from Taylor | Mcilroy | Larrivee
• Stage gear from K&K | Fire-Eye

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...s/namm_x_6.jpg
Old 05-21-2018, 09:30 PM

Bob Colosi is now a B-Band dealer.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 07-07-2018, 11:02 PM

Hi B-Band fans-

Shoreline mentioned that "Pekka has moved on to other things." I noticed that the B-Band.com domain is currently not working (a message in Finnish says the page "has not yet been configured for use"). As a B-Band user from way back (I was a beta tester/consultant back when they entered the market), I got curious. The ferro-electret material B-Band pickups are made from was first called EMFi (for Electro-mechanical film) but quickly was renamed Emfit film; the B-Band company was originally EMF Acoustics. The Emfit film was manufactured by Emfit Ltd in Finland. Now both the Finnish and US Emfit web sites focus on using the film for health monitoring:

Emfit - Company - Finland Health
http://www.finlandhealth.fi/-/emfit

Emfit Corp.
http://www.emfitcorp.com/index.php?page=emfit-corp

Bob Colosi's web site notes he is phasing out B-Band products for "business" reasons. I wonder if B-Band is essentially now defunct even in Finland, so that even Blue Star's stock may not be long for this world.

I do feel they offered something unique so I'm a bit saddened at the thought of B-Band leaving this market.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 07-07-2018, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjloredo View Post
Hi B-Band fans-

Shoreline mentioned that "Pekka has moved on to other things." I noticed that the B-Band.com domain is currently not working (a message in Finnish says the page "has not yet been configured for use"). As a B-Band user from way back (I was a beta tester/consultant back when they entered the market), I got curious. The ferro-electret material B-Band pickups are made from was first called EMFi (for Electro-mechanical film) but quickly was renamed Emfit film; the B-Band company was originally EMF Acoustics. The Emfit film was manufactured by Emfit Ltd in Finland. Now both the Finnish and US Emfit web sites focus on using the film for health monitoring:

Emfit - Company - Finland Health
http://www.finlandhealth.fi/-/emfit

Emfit Corp.
http://www.emfitcorp.com/index.php?page=emfit-corp

Bob Colosi's web site notes he is phasing out B-Band products for "business" reasons. I wonder if B-Band is essentially now defunct even in Finland, so that even Blue Star's stock may not be long for this world.

I do feel they offered something unique so I'm a bit saddened at the thought of B-Band leaving this market.

Cheers,
Tom
Tom! It’s been too long. You were active and a huge resource back in the rmmga days. How are you? Do you still run James Olson’s site?

I too was a beta tester for BBand when they first hit the market. I played one with a Mills mic in my old Ted Thompson guitar. Great tone for a UST.

Hope you’re well

Steve Cuss
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification