The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-21-2019, 04:58 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Emaculate! I can imagine how you must be. Congrats!
Old 11-21-2019, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

This OMC is everything I expected and more, I have some time off from my day job coming up. I try to record a few clips.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the new Circa, John is the man and his guitars are pretty sweet as well. I’ve had mine over a year now and it continues to blow me away.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Charter Member

This is the most perfect acoustic guitar I've ever seen. Congrats on this amazing guitar! Looking forward to more pics and clips!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

I just saw this post! Congrats! Very beautiful~
Old 08-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Teleplucker,

How is your most recent Circa treating you? (Us Circa fans have to stay in touch)

Mine is blooming with rich notes, deep bass, sparkly highs, but with crispness and medium quick decay so the notes don’t muddle each other. And it’s sooooo easy to play....

Martin OM28 (European Spruce/EIR)
Collings OM3A (Adirondack/EIR)
Greven OOO (Lutz/Brazilian)
Greven OO (Lutz/Maple)
ARK Senorita S6-12 (Adirondack/Mahogany)
Circa OOO-12 (European Spruce/Mun Ebony)
Old 08-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

Well since you asked. The thing that I find is so consistent with John Slobod's work is the quality of the sound of the high E and B string. They sound full and balanced in relationship to the other strings. This is true on my 00 and my OM.As you would expect the OM sounds a little bit "more" than the 00. I'm not sure what I mean by that, I am certainly not saying anything is lacking in the 00, in fact it's still my favorite guitar

You don't need me to remind you that this has been a weird year, and I have played a lot less gigs. We have also been dealing with my father in law passing away and trying to settle his estate and clean out his home to prepare it for sale. These events have conspired to give me a lot less time to play guitar.
So after I saw this question I spent some time this afternoon playing the OM. It's a wonderful sounding and playing guitar, I would say that the "getting to know you" phase has been extended for this guitar. It also strikes me that I obviously own more really nice guitars than I deserve, but I am not going to apologize for that. Really nice instruments are my one vice in life.
I realize that's a weird answer to your question but that's what I've got. As a bit of humor, the other night at the end of a gig I was talking to a lady and she was complimenting me on my playing and my sound. I was playing my 00. She asked me why my guitar was so little .

Last edited by Teleplucker; 08-09-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplucker View Post
Well since you asked. The thing that I find is so consistent with John Slobod's work is the quality of the sound of the high E and B string. They sound full and balanced in relationship to the other strings. This is true on my 00 and my OM.As you would expect the OM sounds a little bit "more" than the 00. I'm not sure what I mean by that, I am certainly not saying anything is lacking in the 00, in fact it's still my favorite guitar

You don't need me to remind you that this has been a weird year, and I have played a lot less gigs. We have also been dealing with my father in law passing away and trying to settle his estate and clean out his home to prepare it for sale. These events have conspired to give me a lot less time to play guitar.
So after I saw this question I spent some time this afternoon playing the OM. It's a wonderful sounding and playing guitar, I would say that the "getting to know you" phase has been extended for this guitar. It also strikes me that I obviously own more really nice guitars than I deserve, but I am not going to apologize for that. Really nice instruments are my one vice in life.
I realize that's a weird answer to your question but that's what I've got. As a bit of humor, the other night at the end of a gig I was talking to a lady and she was complimenting me on my playing and my sound. I was playing my 00. She asked me why my guitar was so little .
Teleplucker, I don't think that is a weird answer at all. Though, it has definitely been a weird year.

I am glad my post prompted you to pick up your OM. What prompted me to ask was seeing a recent interview by TNAG and John which you can read here:

https://thenorthamericanguitar.com/b...DElG9zhSvZnC_c

Martin OM28 (European Spruce/EIR)
Collings OM3A (Adirondack/EIR)
Greven OOO (Lutz/Brazilian)
Greven OO (Lutz/Maple)
ARK Senorita S6-12 (Adirondack/Mahogany)
Circa OOO-12 (European Spruce/Mun Ebony)
Old 08-09-2020, 11:28 PM
Charter Member

I think John really excels at, among other things, very sweet and musical trebles. He talks a little bit about it in the interview, actually. Glad to hear some good bonding is taking place!
Old 08-10-2020, 06:49 AM
Charter Member

I briefly played a Circa OM at Swannanoa last year and the glassy trebles really stood out on it. Love at first sound for a fingerstylist.

Congrats on a beaut. My SCGC SKye 00 also has a straight grained Cocobolo back like your new Circa and it is the loudest guitar in my collection.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Vintage meets modern at it’s finest...!!!
Old 08-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

I agree with all of the above descriptions of the tone. The little details of the woodworking are superb. Mine also has a neck shape that is ideal for me. The guitar is incredibly responsive to variations in touch.

I plan to come back to post pics of my next build but I'm pretty far down the list at this point... :-(

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop