The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Charter Member

Default Waterloo WL-K Southwest - Holiday sale!

Hi All —

I’ve listed my Waterloo WL-K on Reverb at this link:
https://reverb.com/item/16406492-wat...ight-shade-top.

I will sell this guitar on-forum for $1900, trade value is $2300.

I’m open to trades with cash to you to make the trade whole, mostly interested in L-00 style or Martin 00 style instruments. I am interested in Bourgeois and Collings instruments primarily, the LBD-0, and C-10 family, or a 00-style. Also been intrigued with the Collings Parlor and the Emerald X20 carbon fiber guitars...

I prefer a short scale, a cutaway would be quite interesting.

I am the second owner of this WL-K.

Cheers!
Marc

Here’s the text of my Reverb ad (that has lots more photos than here):
This is a totally cool hand-painted/stenciled Waterloo WL-K. I'm the second owner, and need to sell it to buy some furniture after a divorce.

It's a delightful guitar, with all the mojo you could want -- the Waterloo brand gets it right, and this is a really cool Waterloo. These guitars are made by Collings in Austin, TX as a separate brand -- "Built from the Sound Up" really holds true; these are great Collings guitars with simple and disciplined materials, finishes, and vibe:
"Ode to an Era -- Founded by master luthier Bill Collings, the Waterloo guitar line is a look back in time to when there was a genuine need for soulful tone that could be coaxed from simple instruments."
It's literally the lightest guitar I've ever played, and the case is also super lightweight. Extra-light strings, as recommended, bring out the fundamentals with delicate picking, and get dynamic as you dig in a bit. Short-scale, simple finish with the coolest paint job, reminiscent of the art of the 1930s. Double-bound, perfectly set-up, fossilized bridge-pins replace the plastic pins it came with (included with sale).

There's a great YouTube video of the artist painting in the red and white after the black stencil's been applied (Austin artist Cindy "Crash" Raschke hand paints the details into this stenciled "Southwest" scene on a Waterloo WL-K. This optional addition to the WL-K model furthers the long history and tradition of stencil guitars dating back to the 1920s).
"The WL-K is also available with an optional hand-painted "Southwest" scene that pays homage to the American tradition of cowboy stencil guitars from the Depression era."
This guitar has been played very lightly, and has one light scratch in the finish on the back, and what looks to be a finish imperfection about on the treble side of the upper bout.
https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Last edited by spectro28; 12-18-2018 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Edited to put in photo link, added more trade interest.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:21 AM
Charter Member

Bump before a work trip...
Old 11-21-2018, 12:23 AM
Charter Member

Holiday Week Bump!
Old 12-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Bump - I found a new guitar I want to buy... and I’m now at 1-in-1-out.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:30 AM
Charter Member

Bump for price reduction!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
bourgeois, collings, painted, stencil, waterloo