The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-22-2007, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor.pandolfo View Post
i unfortunately have taken a pill for a while that sometimes at night would not go down all the way and open up on my throat while i was asleep. It has happened a couple times and made for the worst day of my life, but I take it in the morning. You have all convinced me of the importance of voice lessons, and while it won't be immediate, i will defintely get around to taking them. If anything, I need to find some good books.
Elevate the head of your bed, don't eat anything or drink alcohol or acidic beverages within an hour of bedtime, and give yourself at least 20 min. between that pill and lying down so that it will not come back up.
Try "Singing With the Stars" by Seth Riggs (developer of the Speech Level Singing system); "Set Your Voice Free" by Roger Love; and the "Singers' Survival Kits" (different ones for men and women) by Lis Lewis. All have CDs of vocal warmups and exercises, and all emphasize reducing tensions and constrictions and teach you how to blend your registers. START SLOWLY!!!!

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell