The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-09-2020, 05:04 AM

Good Sunday Morning, mes amis. Another beautiful day out there and enjoying a coffee. Listening to some 70s Southern Classic rock ... Allman Brothers are on now (Blue Sky).

What about you?
Old 08-09-2020, 05:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
What about you?
I'm taking it easy... I sawed down the biggest tree I've ever sawed yesterday. I've just recently become an amateur lumberjack. And I still have two legs and two arms. I'm taking a break today.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:57 AM

Yesterday was a trail ride (mountain bike) followed by the family sailing (board, boat) at the beach where my wife and I met in 1989. It was fun to have the kids even interested let alone joining at their ages.

The wind was a little big for our Laser but a reminder of how fun that classic little boat design is.

Today I think I'll rinse and repeat but consider a bigger ride and don't shoot if that cuts down the motivation for sailing later. This afternoon looks like more good wind but the MTB riders here probably know you have to keep at a certain riding threshold to also ride at a good level.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

Headed out for a nice brunch with my wife, who turns 60 today!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
I'm taking it easy... I sawed down the biggest tree I've ever sawed yesterday. I've just recently become an amateur lumberjack. And I still have two legs and two arms. I'm taking a break today.
Are you sawing trees for firewood, clear cutting, or selling? I remember using a chain saw to trip an out of control weed that was the size of a tree. My arms were very tired after 10 minutes. I have a felled tree from a storm a few months ago that I need to cut up and move.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Are you sawing trees for firewood, clear cutting, or selling? I remember using a chain saw to trip an out of control weed that was the size of a tree. My arms were very tired after 10 minutes. I have a felled tree from a storm a few months ago that I need to cut up and move.
I live in a beautiful wooded area, but the woods are a little too close in some places. So, it'll be an ongoing project for the rest of my life. Yesterday I took down an old holly whose trunk seemed a lot thicker than it needed to be. Lol. I love trees, but it was way too close to my deck. I had taken down its little brother last week, but I knew this one would be a bigger challenge.

I took down one last week that was skinnier, but much taller. It was right beside my house and I had only about a 10' area for it to fall in. Each previous tree I had cut could just fall anywhere... except on top of me. This one had to land perfectly. And it did... it just bisected that ten-foot opening. I couldn't believe it. I was born to be a lumberjack, but didn't know it until now.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:24 AM

Beautiful day here in the great PNW! Chilling today and decide what to grill this evening on the new grill. Um, and balance my check book from the past few days...ugh...lol
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 08-09-2020, 10:49 AM

Yeast waffles, bacon & eggs for breakfast. Did my laundry while I watched the F1 race. Carved up a tenderloin. Now, it's all PGA the rest of the day. Steaks for dinner with a nice bordeaux, I think.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Good morning!

Perfect day for a truly non-essential project I've been putting off. And putting off. And putting off.

It's going to be cool here today, 72F instead of the high-80s and 90s we've been getting. So instead of closing up and running the AC all day, I can leave the windows open, remove all the blinds, sand the sun-faded wooden windowsills and wipe on some walnut oil to darken them up again for another 5-10 years.

Tools:
Flat-blade screwdriver
Orbit sander
Mask
Vacuum
Earmuffs
Earbuds
Audiobook on my phone (Tobacco Road - Erskine Caldwell
Pot of Coffee

I'm going in...
Old 08-12-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
Good morning!

Perfect day for a truly non-essential project I've been putting off. And putting off. And putting off.

It's going to be cool here today, 72F instead of the high-80s and 90s we've been getting. So instead of closing up and running the AC all day, I can leave the windows open, remove all the blinds, sand the sun-faded wooden windowsills and wipe on some walnut oil to darken them up again for another 5-10 years.

Tools:
Flat-blade screwdriver
Orbit sander
Mask
Vacuum
Earmuffs
Earbuds
Audiobook on my phone (Tobacco Road - Erskine Caldwell
Pot of Coffee

I'm going in...
Great day for a project. Let us know how it turns out, especially the last item on the list.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic