The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:32 AM

Mark, that is absolutely gorgeous!!
That last picture you posted with the arty overlay looks it could be your new company logo, I love it!!
One question, the Bass E string looks to be very close to the edge of the fretboard, is that just an illusion from the angle it was taken, or is that normal for your designs? I'd imagine there is not much heavy string bending done on your masterpieces!
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 08-25-2016, 04:50 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
You are literally the only person causing me gas.
Thanks yoni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessupe View Post
Super duper amazing, mind blown, perhaps the prettiest mean looking guitar I've ever seen.
Thank you jessupe! Prettiest mean looking guitar-- that's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross748 View Post
Love the combination Mark ��
Thanks! I did the first guitar in this combination as a client request. Tasteful client, that one! I'm glad I have more of these Black Ebony sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
Mark, that is absolutely gorgeous!!
That last picture you posted with the arty overlay looks it could be your new company logo, I love it!!
One question, the Bass E string looks to be very close to the edge of the fretboard, is that just an illusion from the angle it was taken, or is that normal for your designs? I'd imagine there is not much heavy string bending done on your masterpieces!
Thanks Zandit75! Amazing the things you can do with an I-phone app.
I suppose the photo angles and the black binding on the fretboard against a black background makes the low E look closer than it is. It's on the money at 1/8th" center in from the edge at the nut.

I set this guitar up specifically for fingerstyle playing. I went a little wider at the nut at 1 13/16ths". The saddle spacing is 2 1/4". The raised fretboard makes the upper frets more accessible and the strings feel more available for picking. I hope to get some sound samples up in the next couple weeks to show this guitar is not all looks!

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher
Old 08-25-2016, 09:24 AM

Mark,
Your foresight and ability to design and build these works of art is incredible. Every creation of yours seems to outdo the last. Anyone who has attempted to build guitars can appreciate the tremendous skill, patients, and talent you have. Please keep posting as you are an inspiration to all.
Thanks
Travis
Old 08-25-2016, 01:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK View Post
Mark,
Your foresight and ability to design and build these works of art is incredible. Every creation of yours seems to outdo the last. Anyone who has attempted to build guitars can appreciate the tremendous skill, patients, and talent you have. Please keep posting as you are an inspiration to all.
Thanks
Travis
Thank you Travis,

This whole guitar building thing really does become an addiction doesn't it?

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher
Old 08-31-2016, 02:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Baritone

Tomorrow is the first of the month which means I'm starting a new guitar. I'm in the dream stage now, dreaming baritone;

Old 09-01-2016, 12:03 PM

On the dream stage, and working in flip flops must be part of a dream too.. I wish I could
Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Well, you can dream baritone but I'm going to keep dreaming Ebony Penelope for a while. Another dream guitar Mark. And it has all that abalone. Yikes. Is it spoken for?
Old 09-01-2016, 01:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Well, you can dream baritone but I'm going to keep dreaming Ebony Penelope for a while. Another dream guitar Mark. And it has all that abalone. Yikes. Is it spoken for?
Hi cigarfan,

Charlie is should be coming over tomorrow morning to do some sample recordings of that Ebony Penelope. I'll start posting it up for sale after I get that put together.

I have also been recording some video content with this guitar. I am trying to pull together a more general "Hatcher Guitar" video for my website. Hoping to have this guitar and Charlie in the sound track.

Thanks,
Mark

Old 09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Penelope Sound Sample Clip

Here is the sample sound clip of my latest Penelope I recorded with Charlie Chronopoulos today. Charlie is playing to show the guitar's balance and accessibility to the upper frets with the elevated fretboard on this full bodied guitar.
Also, please take a look at the light reflection action happening with that sculpted Black Ebony headstock;

I'll try to get this guitar posted up on the September available guitars thread today

Thanks for viewing!
Mark

Old 09-03-2016, 09:06 AM

That guitar is stunning Mark. The recording is fantastic for letting people hear the sound of the guitar. I approve. Get the low and the high and the mids fantastic!!! I can't see this one hanging around the shop for long.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
That guitar is stunning Mark. The recording is fantastic for letting people hear the sound of the guitar. I approve. Get the low and the high and the mids fantastic!!! I can't see this one hanging around the shop for long.
Thanks Tom!

Old 09-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

I've been drooling over this thread for weeks now. You do some outstanding work Mark! Beautiful craftsmanship from top to bottom!

Current Guitars:
1986 Petros Spruce/Rosewood Dread (for sale)
2000 Taylor XXV-DR
1997 Taylor 514c

My photography website
Old 09-07-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
Tomorrow is the first of the month which means I'm starting a new guitar. I'm in the dream stage now, dreaming baritone;

I'm dreaming about an all mahogany Josie........

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment
Old 09-07-2016, 11:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
I'm dreaming about an all mahogany Josie........
Great! I'm pretty sure I'll be starting one pretty soon!

Old 09-23-2016, 11:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

I've been bust posting on the Bacchus build thread and noticed I haven't updates this one in awhile. I haven't posted anything on this Greta EIR and Swiss Alpine Spruce guitar I've been working on. It has Cocobolo trim and is for a left handed player. It will be ready for finish next week;

You may have noticed it carries a large sound port, a rosewood neck, and a Cocobolo arm bevel. This will be one guitar I'll have trouble playing during the usual 2 week settling in period I usually give a guitar before delivery.

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop