The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 09:25 AM

Default 2019 Taylor 314CE vs 2004 Taylor 414CE-L7

I've got the opportunity to buy both of these guitars used for pretty much exactly the same price. Looking for opinions on which I should go for.

I've played a 314CE and really liked it, but not had a chance to play a 414CE. Are they worth the extra (i.e. a much older guitar for the same price)?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA174 View Post
I've got the opportunity to buy both of these guitars used for pretty much exactly the same price. Looking for opinions on which I should go for.

I've played a 314CE and really liked it, but not had a chance to play a 414CE. Are they worth the extra (i.e. a much older guitar for the same price)?

Thanks
I've owned a 2001 414ce and regret selling it. What electronics come with the 414? Fishman? ES? If it's fishman, I'd go with the 314. I currently own a 314ce from 2019 and I love it. It covers all the bases for me. Nice problem for you to have though! Have fun. Either way, you'll be happy.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:19 AM

I have a 2007 414ceSL Koa X brace ES1 and a 2018 414ceR V brace ES2. They are very different both plugged and unplugged. According to if you play both ways I would suggest you test both ways. I like the new V bracing some don't, but I am struggling with ES2. The rosewood is strong acoustically but I can't quite get it dialed in to suit me plugged in. The Koa is very much brighter plugged in and will kick through the mix when playing out. Could be the ES1 with the Koa. I personally like the Fishman Taylors, probable because I played a Takamine for so many years. By the way a buddy of mine just bought a new 314ce. In a blindfold test I don't think 10 people could tell the difference in them. It goes back to play and hear you'll know which one is for you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion