The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-14-2019, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Hiscox; there's a reason why brands like Lowden ship their guitars in them. These are NOT your regular lookalike ABS cases but are considerably stronger. Check the Hiscox website for details and a comprehensive explanatory video of how they are made.
Wooden cases may look prettier (if you can even call a guitar case 'pretty!) and more 'traditional', but the protection they offer is minimal in comparison.
Yes, THIS!

What I don't understand from the OP is why, having said that he's not planning to travel with the guitar/case, he feels he needs 'lots of protection'?

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 02-14-2019, 07:38 AM

Another Hiscox user here. I’m leaving for Mexico in a few days and am taking my Marlboro Points Guitar in a Hiscox flight case. The case is worth more than the guitar!
They are IMHO the best bang for the buck, strong but light enough to lug around. I have two, one for my dreads and one for my jumbo, both purchased used through Reverb or eBay, I forget which. I use an nameless SKB knockoff and a TKL for general use, also have a bright yellow Eastman case, but for travel I use the Hiscox.
1979 Alvarez CY 115, #226 of 600
1977 Giannini Craviola 12 String
1997 Martin CEO-1R
1970s C.F. Mountain OOO-18
1968 Standel/Harptone E6-N
1969-70 Harptone Maple Lark L6-NC (Katrina guitar)
Supreme A-12
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Esteban Antonio Brown Model
Old 02-15-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadfulnaught View Post
Another Hiscox user here. I’m leaving for Mexico in a few days and am taking my Marlboro Points Guitar in a Hiscox flight case. The case is worth more than the guitar!
They are IMHO the best bang for the buck, strong but light enough to lug around. I have two, one for my dreads and one for my jumbo, both purchased used through Reverb or eBay, I forget which. I use an nameless SKB knockoff and a TKL for general use, also have a bright yellow Eastman case, but for travel I use the Hiscox.
I've seen a Marlboro "points guitar" and have always wondered just what company it was that produced them? The one I saw played well and sounded every bit as nice as a mid-priced Martin dreadnought (a standard D-28, for example). Do you know? Eric
Old 02-15-2019, 11:55 AM

Default Hiscox are great cases!

I have shared this before, but I made this to compare my hiscox, TKL, and skb cases.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion