The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-12-2019, 12:13 PM

Well, I'm closer to receiving this guitar. On the USPS tracking website, the status shows as 'Out for Delivery'. As advised by many on here, I will let it sit in my house for at least 24 hours before un-boxing it. So, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to see and play it. I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed with the shipping of this instrument, both from the seller and USPS. Hopefully it's a moot point come tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and advice on letting it acclimate. I wouldn't have done that otherwise.

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-12-2019, 12:33 PM

Does anyone else find this strange?

So obviously the seller and I have been exchanging messages on reverb over this fiasco. In one message he says: "If the box (by some chance) looks damaged please just refuse receipt so that there's no confusion who's responsible."

Here's my problem with that. I've already PAID for the guitar. As far as I'm concerned, this guitar is now mine. IF there is damage and the USPS needs to pay on the claim (I realize this is a big IF), I should be the one who collects the money. I don't like his idea because, again IF that were to happen, I'd be out $2,400 and I'd not have a guitar to show for it. Right?? Please let me know if my thought process is incorrect here but I don't see how it can be. The seller already has my $$ and all dealings with this guitar should be through me at this point, right?

I'm just trying to stay on top and ahead of this in case the guitar doesn't arrive as expected. I just don't see how it makes sense for me to refuse receipt. Seems like that puts me in an even more unstable place.

Thoughts?

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

The seller is right since he is the one shipping. If you refuse to accept the package you will be refunded the money. The seller is responsible for getting the guitar to you in one piece as described.

But you're getting ahead of things as the guitar will most likely be fine and you'll be singing it's praises.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:43 PM

If You see any damage with the box take a photo of it. That doesn't mean the guitar is damaged but it will protect you. Even if you open it the seller is still responsible. I have had this exact same situation happen so I speak from experience.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I am holding a good thought that your guitar will arrive in good shape and your wait to open the box will be well rewarded. I look forward to that report.

Best,
Jayne
Old 02-12-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
I am holding a good thought that your guitar will arrive in good shape and your wait to open the box will be well rewarded. I look forward to that report.

Best,
Jayne
Thanks for the good vibes!!

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-12-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive-south View Post
The seller is right since he is the one shipping. If you refuse to accept the package you will be refunded the money. The seller is responsible for getting the guitar to you in one piece as described.

But you're getting ahead of things as the guitar will most likely be fine and you'll be singing it's praises.
I recently read (maybe on this forum) a few experiences with shipment claims where the buyer got the insurance money. It doesn't make sense that the seller would get anything (guitar or insurance money). I'm the one who is 'out' in this fake scenario. Seller should be out of the picture. I will accept receipt of the package no matter what the box looks like. There's no way I would refuse receipt when I already sent the money, that seems like a really dumb move for me to make.

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-12-2019, 09:57 PM

It's so dang hard not to open this thing!

Tomorrow morning, I'm taking the case out of the box. I will let it sit like that until I get home from work tomorrow evening. It will be about 26 hours from delivery to finally seeing the git.

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-13-2019, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Looks like you'll be doing the unveiling in just a little bit. Pretty exciting stuff. Looking forward to hearing your review of this beauty !
Old 02-13-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijas99 View Post
Looks like you'll be doing the unveiling in just a little bit. Pretty exciting stuff. Looking forward to hearing your review of this beauty !
Almost there and counting down the time
But just hold on a sec while I bust this rhyme
Before I open this beauty and hear it chime
I promised my son we’d shoot baskets at the Y

Oh well, that’s what a good dad should do
Putting your kids first, no excuse
Never heard a guitar say “I love you”
I’m outtie now, no more rhymes on queue

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-13-2019, 11:02 PM

Well, the guitar sounds like a typical AJ which is fantastic! It doesn't quite measure up to my standard AJ but it's very close. I will be keeping her, that's for sure! There is no doubt this is a great sounding guitar and I think it just needs different strings and then I need to deaden them, then I think it will be just about there. Not to mention, I play a particular way as we all do, so this guitar will now grow in tone in how I play just like my current AJ has done. I guess you could say I am very pleased and know this one is a keeper for sure.

Surprisingly the seller, who has nearly 150 5 star ratings, did not do any stabilization of the neck inside the case per this excellent video tutorial on how to ship a guitar.

I'm actually sort of torn on how to rate the seller and maybe I'm being overly critical here. For anyone who has been following this thread, he admitted to 'not shipping it in a special way' even though he charged me $125 which resulted in the guitar (insured for $2,400) being in transit for 10 days before arrival. In his defense, he has promised to refund $35 in shipping costs. And to see it not packed correctly just sort of has me questioning how to rate him. All things considered, I consider myself lucky that the guitar arrived unharmed and the seller was communicative and all that. I'm open to suggestions on how some of you would rate the seller.

At the end of the day the guitar did arrive unharmed and I love it and that's a reason to be happy and I am. I'm not sure how the rating system is on reverb but I'd like to give him a neutral rating. Not good, not bad, just ok. It arrived, unharmed but the way it was packaged and shipped could have been much better. At the end of the day, that's the only thing the seller is responsible for... shipping the guitar properly and he sort of missed the mark although it turned out ok in this instance. Let me know if you think I'm being too harsh.

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-13-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post

Best,
Jayne
Your magical spell worked! Thank you so much

My YouTube Grooves
Old 02-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmdoctor View Post
Your magical spell worked! Thank you so much
Congratulations! I am so happy this worked out for you. I checked out the pics and it looks like a fabulous instrument. Good to know it found a good home. Enjoy it for years to come.

Best,
Jayne
Old 02-14-2019, 11:50 AM

You are being too harsh. It arrived safely so it was in the end shipped properly. There is no law on what that means. I have had a guitar shipped to me "so called shipped properly" and it was damaged so what does that prove? I would give him four out of five stars if that is the scale and just start enjoying your guitar.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
You are being too harsh. It arrived safely so it was in the end shipped properly. There is no law on what that means. I have had a guitar shipped to me "so called shipped properly" and it was damaged so what does that prove? I would give him four out of five stars if that is the scale and just start enjoying your guitar.
Sound advice and I agree. Thanks for your input.

My YouTube Grooves

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion