The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Crosby out for a minimum of 10 days in covid protocol (after having played only one game this season returning from wrist surgery). Pens Head Coach Mike Sullivan also out for 10 days with covid. Defensemen Brian Dumoulin, Marcus Petterssen, and Chad Ruhwedel also out in covid protocol. Of course, Evgeni Malkin is still out after knee surgery this summer and Brian Rust continues to be out with an injury suffered in the second game of the season that has sidelined him week to week. That the Pens record is above .500 is a sports miracle.
Cat, I'm still amazed how the Pens hammered the Leafs last week.

Bergeron with 4 goals last night for the Bruins and Marchand assisted on all of them. One of the best offensive and defensive lines in the league over the past few years - probably the best when you combine all three aspects of the game (offensive, defensive, special teams).
Old 11-05-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Cat, I'm still amazed how the Pens hammered the Leafs last week.

Bergeron with 4 goals last night for the Bruins and Marchand assisted on all of them. One of the best offensive and defensive lines in the league over the past few years - probably the best when you combine all three aspects of the game (offensive, defensive, special teams).
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak for my money, is now and has been the best line in hockey for the past several years. I don't see a lot of the Western Conference games/teams, but it's hard for me to imagine any line that is as well-rounded and productive as those three guys. As you suggest, they can do it all.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-05-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak for my money, is now and has been the best line in hockey for the past several years. I don't see a lot of the Western Conference games/teams, but it's hard for me to imagine any line that is as well-rounded and productive as those three guys. As you suggest, they can do it all.
Boston had a great chance for the cup a year ago but Rask decided to sit out of the playoffs (not complaining of that). They lead the league in wins/points in a 70 game season. Just like the Pens, the Bruin's core is growing old. Bergeron is 36, Marchand 33 (which isn't really old). At least they won one Cup together, but that was before Pastrnak and before Marchand became a star.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Boston had a great chance for the cup a year ago but Rask decided to sit out of the playoffs (not complaining of that). They lead the league in wins/points in a 70 game season. Just like the Pens, the Bruin's core is growing old. Bergeron is 36, Marchand 33 (which isn't really old). At least they won one Cup together, but that was before Pastrnak and before Marchand became a star.
I was rooting hard for The Bruins to beat The Islanders in the playoffs last year. Bergeron has been my favorite non-Pens player for a long time. I thought Boston was the better team, and I still find it hard to believe that The Isles beat them.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-06-2021, 10:03 AM

Connor McDavid had the goal of the year last night. Tied the game 5-5 with 3 minutes left on an amazing play. He was at the Ranger's blue line with 4 defenders and he went in all alone, 1 on 4, split them all and scored. No one has better highlights than McDavid.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:21 PM

Go Leafs !!!
Old 11-06-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Connor McDavid had the goal of the year last night. Tied the game 5-5 with 3 minutes left on an amazing play. He was at the Ranger's blue line with 4 defenders and he went in all alone, 1 on 4, split them all and scored. No one has better highlights than McDavid.

You're right, Dru. That was phenomenal stick handling!
Old 11-06-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysdad View Post
Go Leafs !!!
Leafs / Bruins tonight. Always a great game between these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
You're right, Dru. That was phenomenal stick handling!
Edmonton has had a fantastic start to the season but the pressure will be on in the playoffs. They have to do something.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:48 PM

Leafs over Bruins 5-2, that Marchand is one dirty guy.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysdad View Post
Leafs over Bruins 5-2, that Marchand is one dirty guy.
Toronto's top players came through big last night. What play are you referring to? I didn't see the game but read the game summary and didn't read anything. I know Marchand had a 2 min high sticking penalty.

How about the Florida Panthers? Tying the record for the best start in NHL history through 11 games! Florida (10-0-1), Buffalo, and, and Pittsburgh as the only teams to record 21 points in their first 11 games.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Grubauer wins the Vezina with the Kraken is my prediction.
From ESPN today ...

Under coach David Hakstol, the Kraken have cultivated a defensive structure that's allowing the fewest shots against per game this season (26.1), but their goaltending is poor (as Philipp Grubauer's .880 save percentage can attest), and Seattle has lost the most games this season when outshooting their opponent (7)

Follow me for more hot NHL tips

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 11-17-2021, 02:29 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
From ESPN today ...

Under coach David Hakstol, the Kraken have cultivated a defensive structure that's allowing the fewest shots against per game this season (26.1), but their goaltending is poor (as Philipp Grubauer's .880 save percentage can attest), and Seattle has lost the most games this season when outshooting their opponent (7)

Follow me for more hot NHL tips
LOL! Do you see the Avalanche turning it around this year? They're only a .500 club.

How about the Fenway Sports Group / John Henry looking to buy the Penguins? Henry bought the Red Sox in 2001 and turned them around by making it to Game 7 in the ALCS in 2003 (loss) and then 4 world series starting in 2004. I was surprised to hear that the Pens' value is less than the league average; $845M vs $934M.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:03 AM

Default Exciting night for Isles fans: New Barn!

NY Islanders debut their new home tonight: USB Arena
Old 11-20-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
NY Islanders debut their new home tonight: USB Arena
Cool! I didn't know this was the year. I just checked out the link. Looks like there's a LIRR stop at the arena (which I assume is Long Island Rail). Will you see any games this year just to make it to the areana?
Old 11-21-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Cool! I didn't know this was the year. I just checked out the link. Looks like there's a LIRR stop at the arena (which I assume is Long Island Rail). Will you see any games this year just to make it to the areana?
I definitely hope to get to a few. It's 5 miles from where I grew up. It also is where the Belmont Racetrack is located.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic