The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-06-2022, 12:24 AM

Default Dan Lambert Rebuilt Lyon Healy & VintageParlorGuitars.com Regal Style Build

*PRICE DROP* Selling some vintage parlors to fund a long scale Stella purchase. Let me know if you want more pics or videos. I have a 5 star rating on Reverb and I have listed the guitars there too. I have included the reverb links as well. I would prefer to sell through here and avoid the fees, prices are slightly negotiable especially if doing a local pickup in the Los Angeles area:

Dan Lambert Rebuilt Lyon Healy:

https://reverb.com/item/50357049-dan...ntent=50357049

bought this last summer from Stay Gold Guitars. This thing is really a joy to play. It’s rough looking (in the best way) but it sure does ooze country blues. It’s got a ton of scratches and cracks, but they have all be solidly repaired by Dan, he must have some magic touch b/c this thing really sounds great. It 100% a finger picker. Here is the details from the Stay Gold site (and the original link):

https://staygoldguitars.com/collecti...ducts/parlor-3

Back & Sides:Birch, Top: Spruce, Lower Bout: 13 1/4", Scale Length: 25.0", Nut Width: 1 7/8"

Circa 1920s/early 1930s parlor likely made by Lyon & Healy. Ladder braced. Painted Birch faux Rosewood back and sides. Rebuilt by Dan Lambert to enhance its full potential while maintaining as much vintage originality as possible. New Ebony fretboard, new medium/jumbo frets, new bone nut/saddle, new Ebony bridge, new carbon reinforcement rod in newly re-set neck, ladder bracing rebuilt. Ebony bridge pins. Relatively shallow depth with 3 1/4" depth at end pin. Original tuners. 9 1/2" upper bout. 2.30" string spacing at saddle.

The neck on this thing is massive and really awesome if you like fat necks. I have it stung with monel lights and generally keep it tuned a half step down (this is what Shawn from Stay Gold recommends. Comes with a hard-case. $650 shipped

VintageParlorGuitars.com Regal Style Build:

https://reverb.com/item/50356993-vin...ntent=50356993

I had this guitar built by Steve Chipman at vintageparlorguitars about 3 years ago. It’s a Regal 000 sized mahogany back with a new spruce top. The neck was from an old lap steel, and its a wide 2” nut, with a flat oval size to it. It’s very similar to a classical neck in feel and is very comfortable for large hands. It has 25” scale length as well. For the finish I wanted to keep it old looking, so the back has a bunch it’s original scratches and the sunburst as a relic feel to it. I cut out the pickguard… unfortunately it’s got little bumpy when I applied but it still looks good. Some cloudy discoloring has happened on the neck but adds to the vintage vibe.

The guitar back and one of the sides had some cracks that Steve repaired and they are all solid. Playability is decent, the action is great, nice and low for finger picking and the neck seems to be straight. What I have noticed is there is some fret buzz when playing notes on the 7th and 9th fret of the high E, and the 7th, 8th and 9th fret of the B string. The frets feel rough especially when bending strings, so Im guessing the guitar needs a fret dressing and a setup.

The guitar is very playable and don’t think it needs any major work, but it does need a little TLC from a luthier to get it singing all the way up the neck. I can’t be for certain so I’m dropping the price on this to cover any maintenance work need. Im bought the guitar for $900 shipped but I want to make sure to give some room for repair since it’s not playing at 100%. Im asking $500 shipped. It comes with a soft gig bag and a vintage Bill Lawrence sound-hole pickup (works perfectly and os in great condition).

Last edited by waaatchyourhead; 02-12-2022 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-06-2022, 02:30 PM

Bump

To the top
Old 02-07-2022, 10:23 PM

Bump
It up
Old 02-12-2022, 06:35 AM

Bump

New price
Old 02-13-2022, 03:58 PM

Interesting….

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars