The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-07-2018, 08:13 AM

Default 2-18 Select

2-18 Select X7-12 ~~ Wish I could play one..

Old 02-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Wow ! Very trippy looking wood, like a moire effect.

Seems they’ve gone multi string crazy this month , I struggle with six.

How about the eight string bass !? Ne’er clapped me old peepers on one o they afore ...
Old 02-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

Another unique and striking collection!

I was not familiar with lace wood; had to look it up. Interesting hardwood.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:30 AM

The X-7 twelve string has a 24" scale length. My custom X20-12 is a very comfortable 24.6", so the Select should be a delight to play. I bet that the twelve string baritone would sound wonderful, but I have my hands full with the six string Alvarez ABT-610 baritone I already have. Lacewood is used fairly commonly in ukulele, especially Pacific Rim ukes.

Long Jon, you asked in another thread about the size of the X20. It does not feel all that large, given the contours and bevels. It feels a bit smaller / thinner than my Taylor GA's. My X20-12 will replace my Taylor 354-LTD twelve string (GA body, flamed maple b & s).
Old 02-07-2018, 10:34 AM

After checking the Emerald site to see the selects, some of which made my eyes want to refocus, I went to see how much my X20 would cost if purchased now. I clicked on the Artisan line and it shows a woody for $2150. I added right handed and the Anthem and it came to $2300, still showing a woody. If I had extra funds and less conscience, I might order one to get a woody for $460 less. I am sending Sean an e mail to point out what appears to be a site flaw without the upcharge for a woody. And from another thread, I had no customs charge for mine, but that was 2017. 2018 might be different. What a great guitar!

Emerald X20 Artisan w/Anthem
83 Martin D 18
Washburn Augusta
Yamaha 12 string
Old 02-08-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bghd View Post
After checking the Emerald site to see the selects, some of which made my eyes want to refocus, I went to see how much my X20 would cost if purchased now. I clicked on the Artisan line and it shows a woody for $2150. I added right handed and the Anthem and it came to $2300, still showing a woody. If I had extra funds and less conscience, I might order one to get a woody for $460 less. I am sending Sean an e mail to point out what appears to be a site flaw without the upcharge for a woody. And from another thread, I had no customs charge for mine, but that was 2017. 2018 might be different. What a great guitar!
Hi John,

Thank you again for your e-mail. Just to reiterate here, as well, I checked our website and everything seems to be working just fine.

The only thing that I think could have possibly thrown you on our website is the following:

Quilted Maple (Green, Blue, Red, Vintage Amber) and Bubinga are Woody options available in the Artisan range. When we display the Artisan range we try to mix the imagery up to showcase the wide variety of colours and options available in the Artisan package - so it doesn't look too monotonous, either.

So you may see an X20 Artisan highlighted by one with a quilted maple Woody veneer and red finish, for example, and the price beside it states 'From $2,150'.

You still have to physically click the Woody option you are going for during the checkout process and the upgrade price is then added to the total. Another thing that will happen is when you choose a particular Woody option, that main photo in the top left will change to that respective model - that is providing we have built that option before. Otherwise a standard X20 appears with a close-up of that Woody veneer option.

I hope this clarifies things for you. We are always open to suggestions and are always trying to find ways and means of improving our website experience for visitors, so feel free to contact us any time with your thoughts.

Best wishes from all the team at Emerald.

Sean
Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 AM

I stand corrected, I did not try to put the guitar in my 'cart', at which time it asks which finish I would like and changes the price accordingly. I should go back to playing and not writing.

Sorry.

Emerald X20 Artisan w/Anthem
83 Martin D 18
Washburn Augusta
Yamaha 12 string
Old 02-09-2018, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bghd View Post
I stand corrected, I did not try to put the guitar in my 'cart', at which time it asks which finish I would like and changes the price accordingly. I should go back to playing and not writing.

Sorry.
Hi John,

Don't be silly, we appreciate you getting in touch! Again, if anyone ever has any suggestions regarding our website experience, we are always delighted to hear from you.

Best Wishes,

Sean

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber