The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Default HELP! My Baby Taylor just got crushed! I want to buy a CA Cargo asap!!!

I'm feeling a bit crushed too!

I also posted this under a thread about the Cargo: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...20#post1422120 (post #22)

I'm presently visiting Sarasota, Florida from Canada. We rented a Chrysler Sebring convertible -- one where the trunk lid opens and the top goes down into the trunk. You cannot place anything in the trunk space where the top folds into. Last evening, while moving luggage around in the trunk, my wife placed my Baby Taylor in that 'no luggage' space and didn't put it back before I put the top down. Well, the guitar got crushed. Now, since I'm interested in a CA Cargo anyhow, I prefer not to buy a Baby Taylor to replace it. It'll be cheaper if I buy a Cargo before I leave the States on March 29. As of tomorrow evening (Sat., Mar. 22) I'll have an address to ship to until the morning of the 29th.

If anyone can help me get to someone who can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I'll visit here as I can, but it's best to email me at [email protected].

Many thanks, guys!

Tom
Old 03-20-2008, 02:30 PM

I'd say contact CA direct and tell them you are part of the AGF since they are sponsors. I'm sure they know everyone who has one in stock.

Composite Acoustics Info
3403 Moss Street
Lafayette, LA 70507
337-233-4119
[email protected]

or JR Rodgers may have one (our forum owner)

Happy moments!
Difficult moments!
Quiet moments!
Painful moments!
Every moment!
Thankful for something bigger than the internet to express my gratitude for living

"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.”
~Martin Luther King Jr.

Last edited by D. Ramsey; 03-20-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: just thought about JR
Old 03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iq_below_2 View Post
I'd say contact CA direct and tell them you are part of the AGF since they are sponsors. I'm sure they know everyone who has one in stock.

Composite Acoustics Info
3403 Moss Street
Lafayette, LA 70507
337-233-4119
[email protected]

or JR Rodgers may have one (our forum owner)
Thanks. I have a call into CA. Also, I just tried to email them, but for some reason the PC I'm on won't let me. If someone could help me and do it on my behalf, I'd appreciate it. Here's the text... (I'm also going to PM JR). Thanks again!

-----

Hi,

My name is Tom Guertin. I'm following-up be email to my call of today to Composite Acoustics. I spoke with Stephanie. I'm also a member of the Acoustic Guitar web forum and have been following with interest, the release of the Cargo parlor. Here's my situation...

I'm presently visiting Sarasota, Florida from Canada. I rented a convertible and the trunk is of a type that accidently crushed my misplaced Baby Taylor. I am anxious to keep playing while in the States. I prefer not to buy a Baby Taylor to replace it. It'll be cheaper if I buy a Cargo before I leave the States on March 29. As of tomorrow evening (Sat., Mar. 22) I'll have an address to ship to until the morning of the 29th.

If anyone at CA can help me find a dealer who can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. It's best to email me at [email protected].

I hope to hear from someone asap. Many thanks!

Tom Guertin
613-614-4386
Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM

hopefully you can get a hold of a CA cargo before going back. I have heard a sound clip and it is unreal. I have owned a baby Taylor before and will NEVER own one again. Toyish tone and some of the worst intonation I have ever seen or heard and stays in tune like crap.

The CA gargo will be like the difference of a Caddy and a K car to the Baby Taylor.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Musical minimalist

I'd be calling Danny at Acoustic Pro Musician......I know he was getting several of them in as soon as they were available. GREAT guy, takes care of his customers like family....

Old 03-20-2008, 09:32 PM

I was just in Sarasota this morning. The guitar market there is nonexistent, at least as far as I can tell. I am interested in the Cargo as well (had a COT a few years back, incredible guitar) but am frustrated to see that there are a total of 3 CA dealers in the entire state of Florida, and all way south. I am almost to the point of calling them and submitting a resume to help them grow their dealer base in the southeast! They make a phenomenal product and it shouldn't be such a secret.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 03-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
I'd be calling Danny at Acoustic Pro Musician......I know he was getting several of them in as soon as they were available. GREAT guy, takes care of his customers like family....
Thanks to the lead provided by fitness1 to Danny at Acoustic Pro Musician, I'm now finalizing the purchase and shipment of a charcoal CA Cargo to me in Sarasota. I'm stoked!

Thanks again fit! Once again, this board rocks!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:45 AM

Congratulations Tom.

I'm surprised you could get one so quickly when I'm hearing delivery dates of "Late April/May" from other CA shops. Very cool.

Of course I've no idea what they play like, but for some reason this Cargo guitar has gotten me pretty interested. I think I'll give Acoustic Pro Musician a call as well.

Has anyone seen one in the San Diego area? (Just a prototype would be great to check out)

Good luck, and enjoy the new Guitar.

Mick

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber