The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 04-18-2022, 06:23 AM

Default A summer of guitarists

This summer I'm going to see Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Peter Bernstein, Mark Whitfield, Jesse Van Ruller and Wolfgang Muthspiel in concert, practically back to back. Great Jazz guitarists!
I already have the tickets. And you, who are you going to see?

2023 Loef 00 13 fret
2018 Loef Dread SS 12 fret
1972 Yamaha FG-75 Red Label
2017 Kremona Romida rd-c
Old 04-20-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko61 View Post
And you, who are you going to see?
No guitarists quite in the league of Metheny and Scofield!!

Just considering guitarists, this year, I've seen Transatlantic Sessions (with John Doyle, Paul Brady, Sarah Jarosz, Dirk Powell & Jerry Douglas), Tommy Emmanuel & Jerry Douglas, Martin Harley (as part of Harley Kimbro Lewis), Billy Strings and Eric Gales (with Danny Bryant as support). Looking forward to seeing Gordon Giltrap on Sunday and then Andy Irvine in May (OK, so it's bouzouki, not guitar!) before Eric Gales again in June (with Dom Martin as support) and then the granddaddy of English folk guitar himself, Martin Carthy, with his daughter Eliza.

This year, in terms of bands, there's a heavy prog leaning: Cyan and Caravan so far, with, to come: Magenta, Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets, Fairport Convention, PP Arnold (definitely NOT prog!!), Steve Hackett (celebrating 50 years of 'Foxtrot'), the Gong & Ozric Tentacles double header tour and Uriah Heep's delayed 50th Anniversary tour. I am seeing if I can also fit in the UK's premier prog festival, Summer's End, in the autumn (with Lazuli, Landmarq, Cyan and Mostly Autumn on the bill) as well as Arena's tour with new singer Damian Wilson, one of my favourite vocalists ever. The winter also sees the rearranged tours of Sierra Hull and Kiefer Sutherland.

There will doubtless be more...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN