The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-16-2019, 02:10 PM

Default Online guitar lessons recommendations?

So I've been playing guitar for the past 10 years but haven't really learned anything other than strumming basic chords and the odd flat picking(not good flat picking).

The main reason why I haven't advanced much i think is because I started playing guitar just so I could sing along with it and I ended up focusing more on the singing.

Lately I've been regretting not taking it more serious and want to actually learn how to do more than just strumming chords.

Can you guys suggest an online teacher that has good lessons/courses on how to get better at playing.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:13 PM

I take Skype lessons from Richard Gilewitz. He has been excellent. Look him up on you tube. If you want contact info, send me a pm
Old 12-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

I think Bryan Sutton's course on Artist Direct is awesome. Look for a deal around xmas. I got mine for $179 for the year ($100 off). I think it may be even less shortly. They have great flatpicking at beginner, intermediate, and advanced so you can work your way through.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_27 View Post
So I've been playing guitar for the past 10 years but haven't really learned anything other than strumming basic chords and the odd flat picking(not good flat picking).

The main reason why I haven't advanced much i think is because I started playing guitar just so I could sing along with it and I ended up focusing more on the singing.

Lately I've been regretting not taking it more serious and want to actually learn how to do more than just strumming chords.

Can you guys suggest an online teacher that has good lessons/courses on how to get better at playing.
I’ve taken lessons via Skype from KC Craine, AGF member Stringfive, for a few years and have learned so much from him. Would recommend him to anyone.

2015 Taylor 512ce 12 fret
early 80's Ovation Ultra 1517
2011 Seagull Entourage Rustic
2011 Taylor Limited NS214ce
2010 Taylor 512c
2016 Ibanez AG75
2014 Taylor GS Mini Koa e
2018 Loar LH 301t
1998 Breedlove Fall Limited # 10 of 20 Redwood/Walnut
Old 12-18-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_27 View Post
Are you looking for skype only?
Or any online resource?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write