The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-23-2008, 05:41 AM

Default Rainsong opinions

My buddy has a Rainsong OM 1000 and I played it for a bit. Very differant sounding but not in a bad way. Anyone else tried them?
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 AM

Default Rainsong

I have the WS and dearly love it. The sound is exceptional amplified and **** good un amplified. During the winter months it is my go to guitar for gigging. Stays in tune forever and a dependable performer.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends."

2012 Rainsong CO-WS1000N2
2023 Gibson J-45
2022 Stew Mac Acoustic Kit Guitar
2021 Stew Mac Acoustic Guitar Kit
Old 04-23-2008, 09:36 AM

I have a WS 1000 and absolutely love it! A great all around guitar that you really don't have to worry about at all.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:45 AM

I have two of the "Advanced Series" Rainsongs (which are actually cheaper and, ummm... less advanced?) and absolutely love 'em. Great guitars for outdoor gigs or other situations where I don't want to risk bringing/using my Simon Fay OM.

2005 Hamblin SJ (cedar/flamed mahogany)

www.jimtozier.com
Old 04-23-2008, 12:07 PM

ws-1000 owner here.
can't say enough GREAT things about.

it is my go-to guitar 90% of the time around the house, and the ONLY one i gig with.

superbly balanced sound
great tone
sounds killer plugged in (mine has the baggs system...the earlier ones had a fishman blender which also sounded pretty great)

and the thing just STAYS in tune
hot, cold, wet, dry... it's a rock.

and for me, one of the best benefits is having an amazing guitar that i can basically take anywhere without having to constantly stress about it

http://www.myspace.com/jasmusicspace
1996 Seagull S12 Plus
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 PM

Default RAINSONG WS-1000 has a lot of fans!

Great Guitars! I am a fan as well of Composite Acoustics. I love the name RainSong. Something about it says with this Guitar you will create pieces of depth and true meaning.... Luckily along with the name they build an amazing instrument.

It's the Music That Really Matters!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:47 AM

I've already made one reply, but need to add more.

I am sitting here playing it while I surf the forum and still can't believe how great it sounds, that it is always in tune, and I do not have to worry about it at all.

While we are talking about Rainsongs, does anyone have a 12 string?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 AM
"Big Daddy"

I have to agree that I have played some WS-1000 guitars, and they do sound excellent.
But also worth consideration is the Composite Acoustics guitars.
I have been playing several of the CA's lately and they have a sound and a feel that is hard to ignore.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:01 AM

raingsong vid, to give an idea of the sound - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beWPP...eature=related. I've tried a couple, they sounded kinda trashy acoustically, but once you plugged in they gave a nice "bigger than life" electroacoustic guitar sound. I'm not a fan of electric sounding acoustics (i like as close to acoustic as possible in an electric setup), but if you're a fan of say something similar to the hedges sound, it's a good match.

Jon
Old 04-24-2008, 03:03 PM

I stumbled onto my WS-1000 at a Guitar Center. All I saw was a black guitar that needed to be played. All I had to do was strum it and I knew it was something special. My wife said, "You have to buy this!", when she heard it.

The durability is obvious but unimportant once you play it. Great, balanced sound and a neck that's rocketship fast. Better neck than my ancient Strat.

Plugged in it takes some fiddling with to get the sound right, but the controls let you do it easily. I'm playing mine through a Bose L1 system and it sounds wonderful. I've had many comments on the sound of my guitar. Now if I could just learn to sing.

Seriously, the Rainsong is an excellent guitar, and the price is pretty good as well.
Real old Fender Strat
Johnson Amplification Amp
Old Epiphone 350 with K&K Pure Western
Old POC Fender Resonator
Old 04-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckejoel View Post
I have to agree that I have played some WS-1000 guitars, and they do sound excellent.
But also worth consideration is the Composite Acoustics guitars.
I have been playing several of the CA's lately and they have a sound and a feel that is hard to ignore.
As I was referring to, such amazing Acoustic Guitar Sound and Playability. Plug it it in and the world gets bigger...

Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 AM

Default Rainsong - be aware!

I've had 2 of them. First I must say they sound remarkable acoustically - loud, and articulate, sustain forever and a "hollow" kind of tone that is reminiscent of wood if not a fine facsimile.

2 things to be aware of: first, The Fishman Prefix (if it is still used in it) is the worst sounding amplified tone I have ever heard - entirely unrealistic. It is so bad it will make you angry to hear it.

Second, do not leave it in even moderate heat - my strings actually melted into the bridge behind the nut. It didn't affect anything except perhaps the break angle, but left a bit longer it probably could have been disastrous.

Stays in tune forever, never need to adjust the neck, feels great in your hand, nothing but good stuff to say otherwise.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:39 AM

I have an OM1000 (for about 4 or 5 years) and am very happy with it. I use it for my travel instrument. I haven't had any of the heat related problems mentioned above.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 AM

IMHO Composite Acoustics build an absolutely incredible Carbon based Composite Guitar. The entire line has something to offer besides sounding good and playing well. The durability and resistance to temperature and humidity change is astounding! The Cargo is brilliant for flying!
The straight Acoustic sound I have heard coming out of the GX Player and Legacy now the 7M-CE and 8M-CE is quite nice! But wood will always hold the basis of my Guitar Collection. Mmmmmmmm....... Woooooood......

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber