The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-10-2024, 06:42 PM

Default Bridge Question

I am interested in a Takamine guitar that is on Facebook Marketplace. It's about 25 years old as the seller states the 90's. The condition is listed as good so I know it has some wear and that is an issue. I think I am getting it for a decent price but now when I look closer I see these two black spots on the bridge. Can someone give me an opinion on what those are? Thank You.

Old 01-10-2024, 07:58 PM

The bridge is bolted on. The bolt heads are concealed beneath two black plastic dots, which is what you are referring to.

If you use a mirror to view the inside of the guitar you'll see the ends of the two bolts and their nuts.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post
The bridge is bolted on. The bolt heads are concealed beneath two black plastic dots, which is what you are referring to.

If you use a mirror to view the inside of the guitar you'll see the ends of the two bolts and their nuts.
Thanks, that helps a lot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair