The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-02-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhunter View Post
-snip-Roland is out there for a reason. They are reliable and they get the job done well. If you can't get it done with a Roland, that is on you. -snit-

hunter
Are you suggesting that using a better amplifier helps cover for poor technique? I find the opposite to be true.

Last edited by dannyg1; 03-02-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
Are you suggesting that using a better amplifier helps cover for poor technique? It’s why the big, wooly sound of lips close to an SM58 while playing through a woefully underpowered amp is so popular.
And you might want to clear your cache. That ebay link is long dead. And I suggest you call Sam Ash to confirm they really have that item in stock at that price.

hunter

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-02-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Edited quote and comment
Old 03-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Roland is out there for a reason. They are reliable and they get the job done well. If you can't get it done with a Roland, that is on you.
I say that because I see players getting it done with Roland equipment all the time.

hunter

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-02-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Rule #1
Old 03-02-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhunter View Post
I say that because I see players getting it done with Roland equipment all the time.
hunter

I see people playing without an amp at all, all the time as well. So people use Roland amps? They use Esteban guitars, they use no-name cables they got free for walking in the Memorial Day door at Guitar Center. Are these good choices? Are these the best choices they could’ve made? Is there a point to this?

A guy wanted advice about what his best options are and we’ve all weighed in. You and I do not agree as to whether the Roland mobile AC is an amp, your opinion, or a useless toy, my opinion.

I’m trying to make sure that the OP doesn’t spend good money on something that won’t satisfy him. In order to properly do that, I have no choice but to call the Roland mobile AC exactly what I believe it is.I’m saying that in order to perform well as a busker, you *need* a better amp than this Roland.

Last edited by dannyg1; 03-02-2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Edited quote and comment
Old 03-02-2018, 07:09 PM

I just successfully put in an offer on the “dead” ebay link.

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-02-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Rule #1
Old 03-02-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I just successfully put in an offer on the “dead” ebay link.
Hmmmmm.

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-02-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Edited quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:05 PM

Well I hope Mackie says yes to the $100 I offered them. Is it possible that your cache is the one that needs clearing? The offer I put in has its auction ending in 13 days/2 hours from now. It’s actively pending in ‘My Ebay’ and is listed when I do a general search on ‘mackie Freeplay’.

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-02-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Rule #1
Old 03-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

That's more than enough, guys.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:17 AM

Default Amplifying a classical guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickb View Post
Thanks for your comment.

So the only thing I need is the iRig, a mobile amp( https://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_mobile_ac.htm) and my classical guitar? And that´s it?

And what about the sound of the environment, since ill be playing in crowed areas.

Hi

Yes for busking you need a regular electric guitar lead one end goes into the output of the IRig acoustic stage, the other straight into your amp.

This is very intelligent kit. The device is also a preamp with onboard and intelligent EQ and sound management. Once you are plugged in, first select nylon strings for your classical, and while strumming open strings press and hold the Calibrate button. This auto sets the volume input so there is no clipping. This takes about 5 seconds. Then choose from one of the 3 EQ settings: normal, bright or warm. For my flamenco I go for normal, my cedar topped rosewood back and sides Superfolk I use bright. For my spruce topped flame maple back and sides super jumbo I use warm.

The clip on condenser mic is directional and faces into your sound hole. It should only sense your playing even in busy areas.

If you decide to play venues you can go into a PA from the output, or mic up or DI your amp. You can use the micro USB port to go to any computer - I use a micro USB cable with Apple Lightening adapter to plug into my iPad or phone for recording what ch you can do while playing out of your amp!

Should you decide to fit a piezo , I’d recommend this for a classical- no drilling or removal and saddle adjustment just slacken strings and attach to your bridge then plug into aux in on the iRig acoustic stage which will be the preamp - then blend with the iRig condenser.

KNA Pickups KNA NG-1 Classical/Flamenco Acoustic Guitar Pickup https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LTL0K...i_3RKMAbV9ZPNB

If you get feedback use the cancel feedback button. This is amazing! It just magically cancels feedback by intelligently sending the frequencies and cancels them with no sound loss or loss of guitar frequencies.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post
  1. 150 watts RMS
  2. One 8" summed to mono with 75 watts and 35 watts stereeo to the super tweeters
  3. 2X XLR/TRS input
  4. 1X TRs mono pre amp out
  5. 1/8 Aux in Or Bluetooth
  6. Lithium ion rechargeable battery runs 10 hours
  7. THD @0.05
  8. Weight 15 lbs
  9. Gig bag can be placed on unit while on speaker stand to protect it from light rain
  10. Tilt angel stand is the pole mount adapter too
  11. Feedback control
  12. 3 channel EQ - very nice FX

I paid $550.00 for the whole shooting works . The P.A. by itself is 299.00

This unit can also be a computer monitor , a acoustic guitar amp , a personal stage monitor .

And it's one awesome busking P.A. Great little coffee house P.A. too.

EZ :

HR

This is exactly what I want...only problem is nobody (that I can find) seems to sell the Mackie Freeplay Complete Personal PA Pack including everything like the one pictured. It appears Mackie has replaced it with the SRM150 (?) . Can anybody tell me who sells this Freeplay pack anymore.? Or suggest a "busking" pack alternative for around the same $550 price point?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL1968 View Post
This is exactly what I want...only problem is nobody (that I can find) seems to sell the Mackie Freeplay Complete Personal PA Pack including everything like the one pictured. It appears Mackie has replaced it with the SRM150 (?) . Can anybody tell me who sells this Freeplay pack anymore.? Or suggest a "busking" pack alternative for around the same $550 price point?
As far as I’ve seen, there never was a Freeplay in ‘pack’ form, though I have seen a few go in that form used, on eBay. In the stores, you’d put it together piece by piece and pay as you went. These days, on eBay at least, you can find the Freeplay itself, refurb, for $200.

Here’s the eBay item number: 272936395848

I’ve already posted the live auction link (and it is live despite some rumourous protestations to the contrary), but here it is again:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mackie-FreePl...D1455936790485

It would be helpful if a mod, or a random member, would confirm that they can reach this auction.

So, Freeplay $200
Bag $60
Mount $30
Battery $70
Total $360

That’s what’s currently available on eBay.

Last edited by dannyg1; 03-03-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:52 AM

I’ve received a counter offer on the now, contested auction. I’ve also written to Mackie, describing to them that there are interested parties to their auction on this thread

Last edited by TomB'sox; 03-06-2018 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Comment on moderator action, rule number 1
Old 03-08-2018, 07:05 AM

Thanks for áll the comments

I'm currently in between

- iRig acoustic stage & amp

or

- Angel lopez Ec3000CN & amp

But since I like the sounds of the classical guitar makes me towards the first one, but I'm curious if anyone can tell me how the iRig is affected in crowded areas, since I'll be playing in a crowded area.

Thanks in avance.

I will upload videos on a regular basis; enjoy

Last edited by bickb; 03-08-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL1968 View Post
Looks like you will have to piece it together . I'd try bargaining a deal with a
online vender , you might get one if you get all the stuff like what I got .
My system works so well I'm getting a second unit .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification